List of famous female multi-instrumentalists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female multi-instrumentalists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being multi-instrumentalists. There are thousand of females working as multi-instrumentalists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic multi-instrumentalists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a multi-instrumentalist then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features people like Hazel Dickens, YUI.While this isn't a list of all female multi-instrumentalists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female multi-instrumentalists?" and "Who are the best female multi-instrumentalists?"
- Photo: user uploaded image / user uploaded imageAlicia Augello Cook (born January 25, 1981), known professionally as Alicia Keys, is an American musician, singer, and songwriter. A classically-trained pianist, Keys was composing songs by age 12 and was signed at 15 years old by Columbia Records. After disputes with the label, she signed with Arista Records, and later released her debut album, Songs in A Minor, with J Records in 2001. The album was critically and commercially successful, producing her first Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "Fallin'" and selling over 16 million copies worldwide. The album earned Keys five Grammy Awards in 2002. Her second album, The Diary of Alicia Keys (2003), was also a critical and commercial... more
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York, USA
- Photo: DFree / ShutterstockDolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946) is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music. After achieving success as a songwriter for others, Parton made her album debut in 1967 with Hello, I'm Dolly. With steady success during the remainder of the 1960s (both as a solo artist and with a series of duet albums with Porter Wagoner), her sales and chart peak came during the 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Parton's albums in the 1990s sold less well, but she achieved commercial success again in the new millennium and has released albums on various independent labels... more
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
- Sarah Ann McLachlan, (born January 28, 1968) is a Canadian singer and songwriter known for her emotional ballads and mezzo-soprano vocal range. As of 2009 she had sold over 30 million albums worldwide. McLachlan's best-selling album to date is Surfacing, for which she won two Grammy Awards (out of four nominations) and four Juno Awards. In addition to her personal artistic efforts, she founded the Lilith Fair tour, which showcased female musicians on an unprecedented scale. The Lilith Fair concert tours took place from 1997 to 1999, and resumed in the summer of 2010.... more
- Age: 53
- Birthplace: Halifax Regional Municipality, Canada
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainMerrill Beth Nisker (born 11 November 1966), better known by her stage name Peaches, is a Canadian electronic musician and performance artist. Born in Ontario to a Jewish family, Peaches began her musical career in the 1990s as part of a folk trio, Mermaid Cafe. In 1995, she established a rock band, the Shit. That year she also released her first solo album, Fancypants Hoodlum. After moving to Berlin, Germany, she was signed to the Kitty-Yo label and released her second album, The Teaches of Peaches (2000). Touring as the opening act for bands like Marilyn Manson and Queens of the Stone Age, she subsequently released her third album, Fatherfucker (2003). Her songs have been featured in... more
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Canada, Ontario, Toronto, Americas