List of famous female news presenters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female news presenters list contains the most prominent and top females known for being news presenters. There are thousand of females working as news presenters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic news presenters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a news presenter then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features Anne Doyle, Angela Hill and more people.While this isn't a list of all female news presenters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female news presenters?" and "Who are the best female news presenters?"
- Photo: D Dipasupil / Getty ImagesKatherine Anne Couric ( KURR-ik; born January 7, 1957) is an American journalist and author. She recently served as Yahoo's Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career was an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014. In addition to her television news roles, she hosted Katie, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014. Some of her most important notable roles include co-host of Today, anchor of the CBS Evening News, and correspondent for 60... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Arlington, Virginia, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYRachel Anne Maddow ( (listen), MAD-oh; born April 1, 1973) is an American television host and liberal political commentator. Maddow hosts The Rachel Maddow Show, a nightly television show on MSNBC, and serves as the cable network's special event co-anchor alongside Brian Williams. Her syndicated talk radio program of the same name aired on Air America Radio. Maddow holds a doctorate in politics from Oxford University and is the first openly lesbian anchor to host a major prime-time news program in the United States. Asked about her political views by the Valley Advocate, Maddow replied, "I'm undoubtedly a liberal, which means that I'm in almost total agreement with the Eisenhower-era... more
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Castro Valley, California, United States of America
- Photo: Jason Meritt / Getty ImagesRobin René Roberts (born November 23, 1960) is an American television broadcaster. Roberts is the anchor of ABC's Good Morning America.After growing up in Mississippi and attending Southeastern Louisiana University, Roberts was a sports anchor for local TV and radio stations. Roberts was a sportscaster on ESPN for 15 years (1990–2005). She became co-anchor on Good Morning America in 2005. Her treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome was chronicled on the program, which earned a 2012 Peabody Award for the coverage.... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Alabama, United States of America
- Julie Suzanne Chen Moonves (born January 6, 1970) is an American television personality, news anchor, and producer for CBS. She has been the host of the U.S. version of the CBS reality-television program Big Brother since its debut in July 2000 and is the longest-serving host of any country's version of the show. Chen Moonves was a co-host and the moderator of the CBS Daytime talk show, The Talk, for eight seasons. Previously, she was a co-anchor of The Early Show on CBS.... more
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Queens, New York, USA
- Alternative Name: Julie Chen