List of famous female paintings, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female paintings list contains the most prominent and top females known for being paintings. There are thousand of females working as paintings in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic paintings have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a painting then the people below should give you inspiration.
People on this list include Shan Sa and Suchitra Krishnamoorthi.While this isn't a list of all female paintings, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female paintings?" and "Who are the best female paintings?"
- Veronica Carlson (born 18 September 1944 in Yorkshire, England) is an English model and actress, famous for her roles in Hammer horror films. Born as Veronica Mary Glazer, Carlson spent most of her childhood in Germany where her father was stationed. She attended the Thetford Girls' School and later the High Wycombe College of Art and Technology, where she studied art and participated in college amateur productions. In her mid-twenties, Carlson played a few minor parts in films and television programmes. James Carreras, the boss of Hammer Films, saw one of her photographs in a newspaper and offered her a role opposite Christopher Lee in Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968). She went on ...more
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Carolina Gynning Nilsson (born 6 October 1978) is a Swedish glamour model, actress, author, jewelry designer and television presenter. She started her career as a model at age sixteen. She entered the Big Brother house in 2004 and emerged as the winner of that season. Gynning has since made a career as a television presenter on TV4 and Kanal5, and also as an artist and author of several books. Gynning has participated in several television shows after Big Brother such as I huvudet på Gynning, and as a celebrity dancer in season one of Let's Dance.
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Sweden, Helsingborg
- Julie Mehretu (born 1970 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) is a contemporary visual artist, well known for her multi-layered paintings of abstracted landscapes on a large scale. Her paintings, drawings, and prints depict the cumulative effects of urban sociopolitical changes through the landscape's alteration of architecture, topography, and iconography.
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAdélaïde-Gillette Dufrénoy (née Billet) (1765–1825) was a French poet and painter from Brittany. The daughter of Jacques Billet, a jeweller for the Crown of Poland, she had a lavish education and learnt Latin to a proficient enough level that she was able to translate the works of Horace and Virgil. A M. Laya would later introduce her to French poetry, which would capture her imagination for years to come. At the age of fifteen, she married a rich prosecutor, Simon Petit-Dufrenoy, at the Châtelet de Paris. Her marital home became the meeting-place of the beaux-esprits of the city, which influenced her towards a true poetic vocation. In 1787, her career as a writer started in earnest with a ...more
- Age: Dec. at 59 (1765-1825)
- Birthplace: Nantes, France