List of famous female philanthropists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female philanthropists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being philanthropists. There are thousand of females working as philanthropists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic philanthropists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a philanthropist then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features people like CeCe Winans and Drue Heinz.While this isn't a list of all female philanthropists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female philanthropists?" and "Who are the best female philanthropists?"
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin / Getty ImagesMadonna Louise Ciccone (, Italian: [tʃikˈkoːne]; born August 16, 1958) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman. Referred to as the "Queen of Pop" since the 1980s, Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries of songwriting in mainstream popular music and for the imagery she uses onstage and in music videos. She has frequently reinvented her music and image while maintaining autonomy within the recording industry. Although having sparked controversy, her works have been praised by music critics. Madonna is often cited as an influence by other artists. Born and raised in Michigan, Madonna moved to New York City in 1978 to pursue a career in modern dance. After performing... more
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America
- Oprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey, January 29, 1954) is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.Winfrey was born into... more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: Denis Makarenko / ShutterstockKylie Ann Minogue, (; born 28 May 1968), also known mononymously as Kylie, is an Australian singer, songwriter and actress. Throughout her career, Minogue has been known for reinventing herself in fashion and music. She is described as a style icon and has been recognised with several honorific nicknames, most notably the "Princess of Pop". Minogue achieved recognition starring in the Australian soap opera Neighbours, where she played tomboy mechanic Charlene Robinson. She came to prominence as a recording artist in the late 1980s and released four bubblegum and dance-pop-influenced studio albums produced by Stock Aitken Waterman and released by PWL. By the time she released her fourth... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Australia
- Kelendria Trene "Kelly" Rowland (born February 11, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, television personality and producer. Rowland rose to fame in the late 1990s as a member of Destiny's Child, one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time. During the group's two year hiatus, Rowland released her debut solo album Simply Deep (2002), which sold 2.5 million copies worldwide and included the number-one single "Dilemma" with Nelly, as well as the UK top-ten singles "Stole" and "Can't Nobody". Rowland also ventured into acting, with guest appearances in television shows, Empire (2015) and American Soul (2019), and starring roles in successful films, Freddy vs. Jason... more
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America