This list of famous female pianists is ranked by their level of prominence, with photos when available. This greatest female pianists list contains the most prominent female piano players. You might enjoy our lists of famous female jazz pianists and celebrities who play piano. There are thousands of women working as pianists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic pianists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a girl aspiring to be a woman pianist then the people below should give you inspiration.
Including Nina Simone, Martha Argerich, Olga Kern, and Demi Lovato, there have been all kinds of female piano singers and famous female piano players throughout music history.While this isn't a list of all female pianists, it does feature over 250 women pianists from a variety of musical eras. Who are the most famous female pianists? Who are the best female pianists? Take a look below!
- Demetria Devonne Lovato ( lə-VAH-toh; born August 20, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She made her debut as a child actress on the children's television series Barney & Friends. She rose to prominence starring as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel musical television film Camp Rock (2008) and its sequel Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (2010). Lovato has released six studio albums: Don't Forget (2008), Here We Go Again (2009), Unbroken (2011), Demi (2013), Confident (2015), and Tell Me You Love Me (2017), all of which debuted in the top five of the Billboard 200. She has earned seven top-20 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 with "This Is Me", "Here We Go Again",... more
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
- Photo: the intruzo..99 / FlickrAmy Lynn Hartzler (née Lee; born December 13, 1981), known professionally as Amy Lee, is an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. She is the co-founder and lead vocalist of the rock band Evanescence. Along with her contributions with the band, Lee has also participated on other musical projects including Walt Disney Records' Nightmare Revisited and Muppets: The Green Album. She has performed collaborations with artists such as Korn, Seether, and David Hodges. Lee composed the soundtrack to the films War Story (2014) and Indigo Grey: The Passage (2015) with cellist Dave Eggar, and the song "Speak to Me" for the film Voice from the Stone (2017). She possesses a mezzo-soprano vocal... more
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Riverside, California, United States of America
- Christina Judith Perri (born August 19, 1986) is an American singer and songwriter from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. After her debut single "Jar of Hearts" was featured on the television series So You Think You Can Dance in 2010, Perri signed with Atlantic Records and released her debut extended play, The Ocean Way Sessions. Her debut studio album, Lovestrong (2011), followed soon after and has since been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).Perri also gained recognition for writing and recording "A Thousand Years", the love theme for the film The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012), which appears on the accompanying soundtrack. The song went on... more
- Age: 34
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Marié Christina Digby ( MAR-ee-AY; born April 16, 1983) is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist and pianist known for her acoustic cover version of Rihanna's "Umbrella", which was posted on YouTube in 2007 (and has since been viewed over 22 million times). The song was subsequently played on the radio station STAR 98.7, was featured on the highly rated third season opening episode of the MTV show The Hills, and peaked at #10 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart. Digby performed the song on the late night talk show Last Call with Carson Daly on August 2, 2007. Since then, Digby has released several studio albums, EPs and singles, including one Japanese cover album. Her fifth and... more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America