List of famous female political activists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female political activists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being political activists. There are thousand of females working as political activists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic political activists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a political activist then the people below should give you inspiration.
List people include Isobel Hawking, Nomy Lamm and more.While this isn't a list of all female political activists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female political activists?" and "Who are the best female political activists?"
- Kristen Anne Bell (born July 18, 1980) is an American actress. She began her acting career by starring in stage productions while attending the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. In 2001, she made her Broadway debut as Becky Thatcher in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and starred in the Broadway revival of The Crucible the following year. In 2004, she appeared in the action thriller film Spartan and received critical praise for her performance in the television drama film Gracie's Choice. Bell garnered critical acclaim for her first major role as the title character in the teen noir drama television series Veronica Mars (2004–07). For her performance, she was awarded a Saturn... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Huntington Woods, Michigan, United States of America
- Jane Seymour Fonda (born December 21, 1937) is an American actress, political activist and former fashion model. She is the recipient of various accolades including two Academy Awards, two BAFTA Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, the AFI Life Achievement Award, and the Honorary Golden Lion.Born to actor Henry Fonda and socialite Frances Ford Seymour, Fonda made her acting debut with the 1960 Broadway play There Was a Little Girl, for which she received a nomination for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play, and made her screen debut later the same year with the romantic comedy Tall Story. She rose to prominence in the 1960s with such films as Period of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 82
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0Susan Abigail Sarandon (née Tomalin; born October 4, 1946) is an American actress and activist. She has received an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award, and has been nominated for nine Golden Globe Awards. Known for her social and political activism, she was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 1999 and received the Action Against Hunger Humanitarian Award in 2006. Sarandon began her career in the film Joe (1970), before appearing in the soap opera A World Apart (1970–71). In 1974, she co-starred as a Zelda Fitzgerald surrogate in the TV movie F. Scott Fitzgerald and 'The Last of the Belles' and in 1975, she starred in The Rocky Horror Picture... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Jackson Heights, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Caryn Elaine Johnson (born November 13, 1955), known professionally as Whoopi Goldberg (), is an American actor, comedian, author, and television personality. She has been nominated for 13 Emmy Awards and is one of the few entertainers to have won an Emmy Award, a Grammy Award, an Academy Award, and a Tony Award (EGOT). She is the second black woman to win an Academy Award for acting.Goldberg's breakthrough came in 1985 for her role as Celie, a mistreated woman in the Deep South, in Steven Spielberg's period drama film The Color Purple, for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won her first Golden Globe Award. For her performance in the romantic fantasy film... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America