List of famous female politicians, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female politicians list contains the most prominent and top females known for being politicians. There are thousand of females working as politicians in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic politicians have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a politician then the people below should give you inspiration.
List ranges from Cecilia Magnusson to Hella Wuolijoki, plus much more.While this isn't a list of all female politicians, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female politicians?" and "Who are the best female politicians?"
- Photo: Alexander Tamargo/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentHillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born Hillary Diane Rodham, October 26, 1947) is an American politician, diplomat, lawyer, writer and public speaker. She was First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001, a United States senator from New York from 2001 to 2009 and the 67th United States secretary of state from 2009 until 2013. Clinton became the first woman to be nominated for President of the United States by a major political party when she won the Democratic Party nomination in 2016. Raised in the Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Clinton graduated from Wellesley College in 1969 and earned a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School in 1973. After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved... more
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Nancy Patricia Pelosi (born March 26, 1940) is an American politician and a member of the Democratic Party. She has served as speaker of the United States House of Representatives since January 2019, is the only woman to have held that office, and is the highest-ranking elected woman in United States history. As speaker of the House, she is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president.First elected to Congress in 1987, Pelosi is currently in her 17th term as a congresswoman, representing California's 12th congressional district (since 2013), which consists of four-fifths of the city and county of San Francisco. She initially represented the 5th... more
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainCondoleezza Rice (; born November 14, 1954) is an American political scientist and diplomat. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State, the second person to hold that office in the administration of President George W. Bush. Rice was the first female African-American Secretary of State, as well as the second African-American Secretary of State (after Colin Powell), and the second female Secretary of State (after Madeleine Albright). Rice was President Bush's National Security Advisor during his first term, making her the first woman to serve in that position. Rice was born in Birmingham, Alabama, and grew up while the South was racially segregated. She obtained her bachelor's... more
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Birmingham, Alabama, USA
- Photo: Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS / Getty ImagesMargaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, (née Roberts; 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013) was a British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her "The 'Iron Lady'", a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style. As Prime Minister, she implemented policies known as Thatcherism. She studied chemistry at Somerville College, Oxford, and worked briefly as a research chemist, before becoming a barrister. Thatcher was... more
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1925-2013)
- Birthplace: Grantham, United Kingdom