List of famous female rebels, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female rebels list contains the most prominent and top females known for being rebels. There are thousand of females working as rebels in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic rebels have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a rebel then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people, like Alice Auma and Ani Pachen, in it.While this isn't a list of all female rebels, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female rebels?" and "Who are the best female rebels?"
- Alyona (Russian: Алёна) is a Russian female given name derived from the Ancient Greek name Ἑλένη, Helenē (dialectal variant: Ἑλένα, Helena). It can also be the short form of Yelena. Its colloquial forms are Alena, and Olena (Олёна). Other variants include Helena and Helen. Notable people include: Alena Arzamasskaia (died 1670), Russian rebel of the 17th century Alena Kostornaia (born 2003), Russian figure skater Alyona Minkovski (born 1986), television correspondent Alyona Lanskaya (born 1985), Belarusian singer Alena Leonova (born 1990), Russian figure skater Alyona Shchennikova (born 2001), American gymnast of Russian heritage Alena Zavarzina (born 1989), Russian snowboarder... more
Maria NikiforovaMaria Grigor'evna Nikiforova (Ukrainian: Марія (Маруся) Григорівна Нікіфорова; Russian: Мария Григорьевна Никифорова; 1885–1919), was an anarchist partisan leader. A self-described terrorist from the age of 16, she was known widely by her nickname, Marusya. Through her exploits she became a renowned figure in the anarchist movement of 1918–1919 in Ukraine during Russian Civil War.... more
- Age: 136
- Birthplace: Russian Empire
- Ani Pachen (1933 – February 2, 2002) was a Tibetan freedom fighter and activist.... more
- Age: 88
- Birthplace: Gonjo County, China
- Alice Auma (1956 – 17 January 2007) was an Acholi spirit-medium who, as the head of the Holy Spirit Movement (HSM), led a millennial rebellion against the Ugandan government forces of President Yoweri Museveni from August 1986 until November 1987. The primary spirit she purportedly channelled was that of a dead army officer called "Lakwena", meaning messenger, which the Acholi believe to be a manifestation of the Christian Holy Spirit. The combined persona of Alice Auma channelling the spirit Lakwena is often referred to as "Alice Lakwena".... more
- Age: Dec. at 51 (1956-2007)
- Birthplace: Uganda