Famous Female Reporters
This list of famous female reporters is ranked by their level of prominence, with photos when available. This greatest female reporters list contains the most prominent and famous news reporters. Reporting is no easy job - some of these female journalists were also kidnapped, held hostage, or even had meltdowns on live TV. There are thousands of females working as reporters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Female news reporters and female journalists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a girl aspiring to be a reporter then the people below should give you inspiration.
Famous female journalists can take many forms, from women news anchors to women reporters in the field. Of course, no female anchors and reporters list would be complete without the likes of Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, or Erin Andrews. Featuring female reporters from ABC, NBC, FOX, and other networks, this list also has both nightly and morning television newscasters. You will definitely recognize these big names of women in journalism, reporting, and newscasting (and that includes sports!).
While this isn't a list of all female reporters, it does feature over 250 famous reporters who have made their mark on the media. Who are the most famous female reporters? Who are the best female reporters? Take a look below!
- Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty ImagesMaria Menounos (; born June 8, 1978) is an American entertainment reporter, television personality, professional wrestler, actress, and businesswoman. She has hosted Extra and E! News, and served as a TV correspondent for Today, Access Hollywood, and co-hosted the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 in Athens, Greece. She also co-created and is currently CEO of online podcast series network AfterBuzz TV. She is currently signed to WWE where she has served as an ambassador since 2013. She hosts the podcast Conversations with Maria Menounos.
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: Medford, Massachusetts, USA
- Profession: Wrestler, Journalist, Film Producer, Actor, Presenter
- Credits: E! News, Tropic Thunder, Extra, ET on MTV
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian / Getty ImagesErin Jill Andrews (born May 4, 1978) is an American sportscaster and television personality. She hosts Dancing with the Stars for ABC and is a sideline reporter for Fox NFL.Andrews was previously a co-host of College GameDay on ESPN and a contributor for Good Morning America on the ABC network. She also has an on-air presence at many major sporting events, including the Super Bowl and the World Series.
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Lewiston, Maine, USA
- Profession: Journalist, Actor, Sports commentator
- Credits: That's My Boy, Dancing with the Stars, Entertainment Tonight, Saturday Night Football, Jim Rome Is Burning
- Photo: D Dipasupil / Getty ImagesKatherine Anne Couric ( KURR-ik; born January 7, 1957) is an American journalist and author. She recently served as Yahoo's Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career was an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014. In addition to her television news roles, she hosted Katie, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014. Some of her most important notable roles include co-host of Today, anchor of the CBS Evening News, and correspondent for 60 ...more
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Arlington, Virginia, USA
- Profession: Journalist, Newsreader, Television producer, Film Producer, Author
- Credits: Dateline NBC, 60 Minutes, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Today
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYBarbara Jill Walters (September 25, 1929 – December 30, 2022) was an American broadcast journalist, author, and television personality. Walters has hosted a variety of television programs, including Today, The View, 20/20, and the ABC Evening News. Since retirement as a full-time host and contributor, she continued to report for ABC News through 2015 occasionally. In 1976 Walters became the first female co-anchor of a network evening news, the ABC Evening News. From 1979 to 2004, Walters worked as co-host and a producer for the ABC newsmagazine 20/20. In 1997, Walters created and debuted as a co-host on The View, a daytime talk show with an all-female panel, and was a co-host for 16 ...more
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1929-2022)
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Profession: Talk show host, Journalist, Television producer, Screenwriter, Author
- Credits: 20/20, Today, ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, Barbara Walters: 20 Years at ABC
- Photo: Anthony Harvey / Getty ImagesLila Diane Sawyer (born December 22, 1945) is an American television journalist. Sawyer has been the anchor of ABC News's nightly flagship program ABC World News, a co-anchor of ABC News's morning news program Good Morning America and Primetime newsmagazine. Early in her career, she was a member of U.S. President Richard Nixon's White House staff and closely associated with the president himself.
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: Glasgow, Kentucky, United States of America
- Profession: Journalist, Newsreader, Screenwriter
- Credits: ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, 60 Minutes, Primetime, 20/20
- Photo: Valerie Macon / Getty ImagesJennifer Lynne Brown (born March 23, 1981) is an American sports broadcaster and television host. A former Division I Collegiate Athlete for the University of Florida, she spent eight years as a reporter and host for ESPN and American Ninja Warrior.Brown spent two years working for the NFL Network as a studio host and reporter. She also served as a reporter for College GameDay, the College World Series, Little League World Series, Summer and Winter X Games, and the ESPYs. She was a Los Angeles-based Bureau reporter for ESPN contributing interviews and reports for ESPN’s news-gathering operation for SportsCenter, College GameDay and College Football Live. She co-hosted ESPNU's college ...more
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Profession: Journalist, Television producer, Fashion Model, Model, Actor
- Credits: SportsCenter, American Ninja Warrior, Inside the NFL, SportsNation, ESPN College Football Thursday Primetime