List of famous female sculptors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female sculptors list contains the most prominent and top females known for being sculptors. There are thousand of females working as sculptors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic sculptors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a sculptor then the people below should give you inspiration.
List people include Myra Musselman Carr, Teresita Fernandez and many additional people as well.While this isn't a list of all female sculptors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female sculptors?" and "Who are the best female sculptors?"
Luisa RoldánPhoto: user uploaded image
- Age: Died at 54
- Birthplace: Seville, Spain
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainLouise Joséphine Bourgeois (French: [lwiz buʁʒwa] (listen); 25 December 1911 – 31 May 2010) was a French-American artist. Although she is best known for her large-scale sculpture and installation art, Bourgeois was also a prolific painter and printmaker. She explored a variety of themes over the course of her long career including domesticity and the family, sexuality and the body, as well as death and the subconscious. These themes connect to events from her childhood which she considered to be a therapeutic process. Although Bourgeois exhibited with the Abstract Expressionists and her work has much in common with Surrealism and Feminist art, she was not formally affiliated with a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 99 (1911-2010)
- Birthplace: France, Paris
- Photo: uploaded by Bojangles
- Age: 75
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainGertrude Vanderbilt Whitney was an American sculptor, art patron and collector, and founder in 1931 of the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City. She was a prominent social figure and hostess, who was born into the wealthy Vanderbilt family and married into the Whitney family.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1875-1942)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York