List of famous female set designers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female set designers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being set designers. There are thousand of females working as set designers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic set designers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a set designer then the people below should give you inspiration.
Examples include Mary Saisselin and Minna Jauho.While this isn't a list of all female set designers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female set designers?" and "Who are the best female set designers?"
- Catherine Martin may refer to: Cathie Martin, (born 1955) Professor of Plant Sciences at the University of East Anglia Catherine Martin (designer) (born 1965) is an Australian costume designer, production designer, set designer and film producer Catherine Martin (piper), Irish piper Catherine Martin (journalist) (born 1919), journalist for The West Australian Catherine Edith Macauley Martin (1848–1937), Australian novelist Catherine Martin (politician), Irish Green Party politician Catherine Martin (director), Canadian film director and screenwriter... more
- Birthplace: Lindfield, Sydney, Australia
- Christine Jones is an American scenic designer on Broadway. Her best-known designs include Spring Awakening and American Idiot. In 2010, she created an experimental, two-week project called Theatre for One in which one actor performs for one audience member. It was repeated in 2010. She is a professor at New York University and a Lecturer at Princeton University.... more
- Birthplace: Montreal, Canada
Rachel BouldenRachel Boulden is a film art director and set designer....
- Donyale Werle is an award-winning scenic designer from Nashville, Tennessee.... more