List of famous female singers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female singers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being singers. There are thousand of females working as singers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic singers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a singer then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features Aylin Aslım, Anita Harris and more.While this isn't a list of all female singers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female singers?" and "Who are the best female singers?"
- Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress. Born in McComb, Mississippi and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, she appeared in stage productions and television series, before signing with Jive Records in 1997. Spears's first two studio albums, ...Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000), were global successes and made her the best-selling teenage artist of all-time. Referred to as the "Princess of Pop", Spears is regarded as a pop icon and is credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Spears adopted more mature and provocative themes for her next two studio albums, Britney... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: s_bukley / ShutterstockBeyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (born September 4, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Beyoncé performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as lead singer of the R&B girl-group Destiny's Child, one of the best-selling girl groups in history. Their hiatus saw the release of her first solo album, Dangerously in Love (2003), which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and earned her five Grammy Awards. The album also featured the US Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles "Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy". Following the break-up of Destiny's Child in 2006, she released her second... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAnne Jacqueline Hathaway (born November 12, 1982) is an American actress. One of the highest-paid actresses in the world in 2015, she has received multiple awards, including an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, and a Golden Globe. Her films have earned $6.4 billion worldwide, and she appeared in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2009. Hathaway graduated from Millburn High School in New Jersey, where she acted in several plays. As a teenager, she was cast in the television series Get Real (1999–2000) and made her breakthrough as the protagonist in her debut film, the Disney comedy The Princess Diaries (2001). Hathaway made a transition to adult roles with the 2005 dramas Havoc and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Jun Sato / Getty ImagesAmanda Michelle Seyfried (born December 3, 1985) is an American actress, model, and singer-songwriter. She began her career as a model when she was 11 and her acting career at 15 with recurring parts on the soap operas As the World Turns and All My Children. In 2004, Seyfried made her film debut in the teen comedy Mean Girls. Her subsequent supporting roles were in independent films, such as the drama Nine Lives (2005) and the crime drama Alpha Dog (2006). She also had a recurring role on the UPN television series Veronica Mars (2004–06). Between 2006 and 2011, Seyfried starred on the HBO drama series Big Love. She also starred in the musical feature film Mamma Mia! (2008) and reprised her... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA