List of famous female soldiers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female soldiers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being soldiers. There are thousand of females working as soldiers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic soldiers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a soldier then the people below should give you inspiration.
List below includes Elisabeth Eberl, Jördis Steinegger and more people.While this isn't a list of all female soldiers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female soldiers?" and "Who are the best female soldiers?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainLadda Tammy Duckworth (born March 12, 1968) is an American politician and former U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who has served as the junior United States Senator for Illinois since 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, she represented Illinois's 8th district in the United States House of Representatives from 2013 to 2017. Before election to office, she served as Assistant Secretary for Public and Intergovernmental Affairs in the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (2009–11) and Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs (2006–09). Duckworth was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2016, defeating Republican incumbent Mark Kirk.Duckworth was the first Thai-American woman... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photo: user uploaded imageKatrina Hodge (born 29 March 1987) is a former member of the British Army from Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent in south-east England who was handed the Miss England 2009 title after Rachel Christie stepped down.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
- Sosthene Taroum Moguenara is a German long jumper. She competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, but failed to qualify for the final. In 2011 Moguenara won the bronze medal at the European Athletics U23 Championships in Ostrava.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Sarh, Chad
Ewelina PtakEwelina Ptak (née Klocek; born 20 March 1987) is a Polish track and field sprint athlete.Klocek represented Poland at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. She competed at the 4x100 metres relay together with Daria Korczyńska, Dorota Jedrusinska and Marta Jeschke. In their first round heat they placed fifth behind Belgium, Great Britain, Brazil and Nigeria. Their time of 43.47 seconds was the second best non-directly qualifying time and the seventh time overall out of sixteen participating nations. With this result they qualified for the final in which they replaced Jeschke with Joanna Henryka Kocielnik. In the final they were eventually disqualified.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: Trzebnica, Poland