List of famous female songwriters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female songwriters list contains the most prominent and top females known for being songwriters. There are thousand of females working as songwriters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic songwriters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a songwriter then the people below should give you inspiration.
Examples include Jennifer Batten and Rurutia.While this isn't a list of all female songwriters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female songwriters?" and "Who are the best female songwriters?"
- Photo: DFree / ShutterstockRobyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988) is a Barbadian singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman, fashion designer, actress and philanthropist. She is known for embracing various musical styles and reinventing her image throughout her career. Born in Saint Michael and raised in Bridgetown, Barbados, Rihanna moved to the US in 2005, when she signed with Def Jam Recordings to pursue a music career. Rihanna earned significant recognition following the release of her first two studio albums Music of the Sun (2005) and A Girl like Me (2006), both of which were influenced by Caribbean music and peaked within the top ten of the US Billboard 200 chart. Rihanna's third studio album,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Saint Michael Parish, Barbados
- Taylor Alison Swift (born December 13, 1989) is an American singer-songwriter. She is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which have received widespread media coverage. Born and raised in Pennsylvania, Swift moved to Nashville, Tennessee at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music. She signed with label Big Machine Records and became the youngest artist signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. Her 2006 eponymous debut album was the longest-charting album of the 2000s in the U.S., where it peaked at number five. The album's third single, "Our Song", made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Reading, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Photo: David Livingston / Getty ImagesVanessa Anne Hudgens (born December 14, 1988) is an American actress and singer. After making her feature film debut in Thirteen (2003), Hudgens rose to fame portraying Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical film series (2006–08), which brought her significant mainstream success. The success of the first film led to Hudgens' acquiring a recording contract with Hollywood Records, with whom she released two studio albums, V (2006) and Identified (2008). Since the release of her studio albums and the High School Musical franchise, Hudgens has focused on her acting career. She has appeared in the films Bandslam (2009), Beastly (2011), Sucker Punch (2011), Journey 2: The Mysterious Island... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 27
- Birthplace: Salinas, California, United States of America
- Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987) is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and author. Duff began her acting career at a young age and quickly became labeled a teen idol as the title character of the hit television series Lizzie McGuire (2001–2004) and in the theatrical film based on the series, The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). Thereafter, Duff appeared in numerous films, with leading roles in Agent Cody Banks (2003), Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), A Cinderella Story (2004), and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005). After experiencing commercial and critical failure in Material Girls (2006), Duff began appearing in independent films such as War, Inc. (2008), According to Greta (2009),... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States of America