This list of famous female talk show hosts is ranked by their level of prominence, with photos when available. This greatest female talk show hosts list contains the most prominent and top women known for being talk show hosts. Talk show fans might also enjoy what old '90s talk show hosts look like now and these hilarious tattoos of TV show hosts. There many women talk show hosts on the air these days, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Female TV hosts have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a girl aspiring to be a talk show host then the women talk show hosts below should give you inspiration.
Oprah Winfrey broke ground as a Black female talk show host, and there have been many Mexican, Canadian, and Spanish female TV show hosts that have made names for themselves as well. Featuring the most popular female hosts from daytime talk shows, Black talk shows, political talk shows, American talk shows, and British talk shows, this list has them all!
While this isn't a list of all female talk show hosts, it's a great starting point, with over 100 female TV talk show hosts to learn more about, all of whom have had hit shows. Who are the most famous female talk show hosts? Who are the best female talk show hosts? Take a look at the talk show hostess list below and find out!
- Roseann O'Donnell (born March 21, 1962) is an American comedian, actress, author, and television personality. She began her comedy career as a teenager and received her breakthrough on the television series Star Search in 1984. After a series of television and film roles that introduced her to a larger national audience, O'Donnell hosted her own syndicated daytime talk show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show, between 1996 and 2002, which won several Daytime Emmy Awards. During this period, she developed the nickname "Queen of Nice", as well as a reputation for philanthropic efforts. From 2006 to 2007, O'Donnell endured a controversial run as the moderator on the daytime talk show The View, which... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Commack, New York, United States of America
- Caryn Elaine Johnson (born November 13, 1955), known professionally as Whoopi Goldberg (), is an American actor, comedian, author, and television personality. She has been nominated for 13 Emmy Awards and is one of the few entertainers to have won an Emmy Award, a Grammy Award, an Academy Award, and a Tony Award (EGOT). She is the second black woman to win an Academy Award for acting.Goldberg's breakthrough came in 1985 for her role as Celie, a mistreated woman in the Deep South, in Steven Spielberg's period drama film The Color Purple, for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won her first Golden Globe Award. For her performance in the romantic fantasy film... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Elisabeth DelPadre Hasselbeck (née Filarski; born May 28, 1977) is a retired American television personality and talk show host. Hasselbeck was born and raised in Cranston, Rhode Island. She attended St. Mary Academy – Bay View as a teenager and graduated from Boston College in 1999. In January 2001, Hasselbeck rose to prominence as a contestant on the second season of the American version of Survivor, where she finished in fourth place. She married NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck in July 2002. In November 2003, Hasselbeck replaced Lisa Ling as the fourth co-host on The View. With her co-hosts Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, and Barbara Walters, she was awarded the Daytime Emmy... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Cranston, Rhode Island, USA
- Photo: Helga Esteb / ShutterstockRoseanne Cherrie Barr (born November 3, 1952) is an American actress, comedian, writer, and television producer. Barr began her career in stand-up comedy before gaining acclaim in the television sitcom Roseanne (1988–1997; 2018). She won an Emmy and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her work on the show. Barr became a stand-up comedian in 1980. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, she gained fame through her role in Roseanne and other performances. Barr sparked controversy when performing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at a nationally aired baseball game on July 25, 1990. After singing the anthem in what many perceived to be a deliberately disrespectful manner, Barr grabbed her crotch and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America