This list of famous female talk show hosts is ranked by their level of prominence, with photos when available. This greatest female talk show hosts list contains the most prominent and top women known for being talk show hosts. Talk show fans might also enjoy what old '90s talk show hosts look like now and these hilarious tattoos of TV show hosts. There many women talk show hosts on the air these days, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Female TV hosts have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a girl aspiring to be a talk show host then the women talk show hosts below should give you inspiration.
Oprah Winfrey broke ground as a Black female talk show host, and there have been many Mexican, Canadian, and Spanish female TV show hosts that have made names for themselves as well. Featuring the most popular female hosts from daytime talk shows, Black talk shows, political talk shows, American talk shows, and British talk shows, this list has them all!
While this isn't a list of all female talk show hosts, it's a great starting point, with over 100 female TV talk show hosts to learn more about, all of whom have had hit shows. Who are the most famous female talk show hosts? Who are the best female talk show hosts? Take a look at the talk show hostess list below and find out!
- Oprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey, January 29, 1954) is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.Winfrey was born into... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA
- Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty ImagesTyra Lynne Banks (born December 4, 1973), also known as BanX, is an American television personality, producer, businesswoman, actress, author, model, and occasional singer. Born in Inglewood, California, she began her career as a model at the age of 15, and was the first woman of African-American descent to be featured on the covers of GQ and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, on which she appeared twice. She was a Victoria's Secret Angel from 1997 to 2005. By the early 2000s, Banks was one of the world's top-earning models. Banks began acting on television in 1993 on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and made her film debut in Higher Learning in 1995. In 2000 she had major roles such as... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Inglewood, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Joan Alexandra Molinsky (June 8, 1933 – September 4, 2014), known professionally as Joan Rivers, was an American comedian, actress, writer, producer, and television host. She was noted for her often controversial comedic persona—heavily self-deprecating and sharply acerbic, especially towards celebrities and politicians. Rivers rose to prominence in 1965 as a guest on The Tonight Show. Hosted by her mentor, Johnny Carson, the show established Rivers' comedic style. In 1986, with her own rival program, The Late Show with Joan Rivers, Rivers became the first woman to host a late night network television talk show. She subsequently hosted The Joan Rivers Show (1989–1993), winning a Daytime... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1933-2014)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Anthony Harvey/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentEllen Lee DeGeneres ( də-JEN-ər-əs; born January 26, 1958) is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer. She starred in the popular sitcom Ellen from 1994 to 1998 and has hosted her syndicated TV talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, since 2003. Her stand-up career started in the early 1980s, and included a 1986 appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. As a film actress, DeGeneres starred in Mr. Wrong (1996), EDtv (1999), and The Love Letter (1999), and provided the voice of Dory in the Pixar animated films Finding Nemo (2003) and Finding Dory (2016); for Nemo, she was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first time an actress won... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: Metairie, Louisiana, USA