List of famous female tv anchors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female tv anchors list contains the most prominent and top females known for being tv anchors. There are thousand of females working as tv anchors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic tv anchors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a tv anchor then the people below should give you inspiration.
People here include everyone from Lyn Brown to Allison Rosati.While this isn't a list of all female tv anchors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female tv anchors?" and "Who are the best female tv anchors?"
- Oprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey, January 29, 1954) is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.Winfrey was born into... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: D Dipasupil / Getty ImagesKatherine Anne Couric ( KURR-ik; born January 7, 1957) is an American journalist and author. She recently served as Yahoo's Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career was an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014. In addition to her television news roles, she hosted Katie, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014. Some of her most important notable roles include co-host of Today, anchor of the CBS Evening News, and correspondent for 60... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Virginia, USA
- Barbara Jill Walters (born September 25, 1929) is an American broadcast journalist, author, and television personality. Walters has hosted a variety of television programs, including Today, The View, 20/20, and the ABC Evening News. Since retirement as a full-time host and contributor, she continued to occasionally report for ABC News through 2015.Walters first became known as a television personality in the early 1960s, when she was a writer and segment producer of "women's interest stories" on the NBC News morning program The Today Show, where she began work with host Hugh Downs. As a result of her outstanding interviewing ability and her popularity with viewers, she received more airtime... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 91
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainRobin Michelle Meade (born April 21, 1969) is an American journalist and television news anchor. She is the lead news anchor for HLN's morning show Morning Express with Robin Meade. Meade is a former Miss Ohio and began her broadcasting career with local stations in that state. She joined HLN in 2001. She has won a regional Emmy Award. Meade released country music albums in 2011 and 2013.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: New London, Ohio, USA