List of notable or famous film art directors from India, with bios and photos, including the top film art directors born in India and even some popular film art directors who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian film art directors then this list is the perfect resource for you. These film art directors are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known film art director from India is included when available.
List features popular art directors of Bollywood movies like T. Muthuraj and Thotta Tharani.
This historic film art directors from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian film art directors of note?" and "Who are the most famous film art directors from India?" These prominent film art directors of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian film art directors.Use this list of renowned Indian film art directors to discover some new film art directors that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Azra Bano Ali is a production designer, set decorator and film art director.... more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Hyderabad, India
- Bansi Chandragupta (1924–1981) was an Indian art director and production designer, regarded among the greatest of art directors of Indian film industry. He won Filmfare Best Art Direction Award thrice, for Seema in 1972, for Do Jhoot in 1976 and for Chakra in 1982. He was awarded Evening Standard British Film Award posthumously for "best technical/artistic achievement" in 1983. He was born in 1924 in Sialkot, Punjab, British India and died on 27 June 1981 in Brookhaven, New York, United States. Chandragupta is most well known as art director/production designer of movies directed by Satyajit Ray. He also worked with renowned film directors like Jean Renoir, Mrinal Sen, Shyam Benegal, Basu... more
- Age: Dec. at 57 (1924-1981)
- Birthplace: Sialkot, Pakistan
- Benny Mathews (born June 29, 1970) is an international director who directed the films Dude, Where's the Party? (2003) Santeria (2006), and Geeta in Paridise (2009). He has also directed numerous commercials and music videos for acts including Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, and notorious Houston hip hop artists such as Scarface and Bun B., and Pimp C. Pimp C's Knockin' Doorz Down, earned him a nomination for "Best Video" at the 2007 Ozone Magazine Awards.... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: India
- Photo: uploaded by Bojangles4
Indranil GhoshIndranil Ghosh is an actor, production designer and film art director....
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Kolkata, India