List of famous people who are friends with David Letterman, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Every person on this list has either been seen in public with David Letterman, or is known to be acquaintances or best friends with David Letterman. From the people who have had a falling out with David Letterman to David Letterman's current best friends and buddies, these are the people that David Letterman has or had a relationship with at some point. If you notice that any of David Letterman's celebrity bros are missing from the list, you can add them below and make this list of David Letterman's friends that much better.
This list below has everything from Julia Roberts to Bill Cosby.This list answers the questions, "Who are David Letterman's friends?" and "Which celebrities is David Letterman friends with?"
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYIn 2013, David Letterman appeared on his friend Jerry Seinfeld's show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.Jerome Allen Seinfeld ( SYNE-feld; born April 29, 1954) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director. He is known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the sitcom Seinfeld, which he created and wrote with Larry David. The show aired on NBC from 1989 until 1998, becoming one of the most acclaimed and popular sitcoms of all time. As a stand-up comedian, Seinfeld specializes in observational comedy. In 2005, Comedy Central named Seinfeld the "12th Greatest Stand-up Comedian of All Time."Seinfeld produced, co-wrote and starred in the 2007 film Bee Movie. In 2010, he premiered a reality series called The Marriage Ref, which aired for two seasons on... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Jay Leno and David Letterman were friends when they first started performing comedy in New York, but they soon grew to be rivals.James Douglas Muir Leno (born April 28, 1950) is an American comedian, actor, writer, producer, and television host. After doing stand-up comedy for years, he became the host of NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno from 1992 to 2009. Beginning in September 2009, Leno started a primetime talk show, titled The Jay Leno Show, which aired weeknights at 10:00pm ET, also on NBC. After The Jay Leno Show was canceled in January 2010 amid a host controversy, Leno returned to host The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on March 1, 2010. He hosted his last episode of The Tonight Show on February 6, 2014. That year, he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. Since 2014, Leno has hosted Jay Leno's Garage.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: New Rochelle, New York, United States of America
- Bill Cosby and David Letterman have been friends for decades.William Henry Cosby Jr. (; born July 12, 1937) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, musician, author, and convicted sex offender. He held an active career for over six decades before being convicted and imprisoned for sex offenses in 2018. Cosby began his career as a stand-up comic at the hungry i in San Francisco during the 1960s. He then landed a starring role in the television show I Spy, followed by his own sitcom The Bill Cosby Show, which ran for two seasons from 1969 to 1971. In 1972, using the Fat Albert character developed during his stand-up routines, Cosby created, produced, and hosted the animated comedy television series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids which ran until 1985,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- David Letterman's company World Wide Pants produced Ray Romano's popular sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA