List of famous people who are friends with David Letterman, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Every person on this list has either been seen in public with David Letterman, or is known to be acquaintances or best friends with David Letterman. From the people who have had a falling out with David Letterman to David Letterman's current best friends and buddies, these are the people that David Letterman has or had a relationship with at some point. If you notice that any of David Letterman's celebrity bros are missing from the list, you can add them below and make this list of David Letterman's friends that much better.
This list below has everything from Julia Roberts to Bill Cosby.This list answers the questions, "Who are David Letterman's friends?" and "Which celebrities is David Letterman friends with?"
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseBill Murray is one of David Letterman's great friends and favorite guests.William James Murray (born September 21, 1950) is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, filmmaker, and writer. He first rose to fame on Saturday Night Live, a series of performances that earned him his first Emmy Award, and later starred in comedy films—including Meatballs (1979), Caddyshack (1980), Stripes (1981), Tootsie (1982), Ghostbusters (1984), Scrooged (1988), Ghostbusters II (1989), What About Bob? (1991), and Groundhog Day (1993). He also co-directed Quick Change (1990). Murray garnered additional critical acclaim later in his career, starring in Lost in Translation (2003), which earned him a Golden Globe and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor, as well as an Oscar nomination for... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Wilmette, Illinois, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseRobin Williams and David Letterman were bros. One of Letterman's first acting jobs was a guest appearance on Mork and Mindy.Robin McLaurin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) was an American actor and comedian. Born in Chicago, Williams began performing stand-up comedy in San Francisco and Los Angeles during the mid-1970s, After rising to fame playing the alien Mork in the sitcom Mork & Mindy, Williams established a career in both stand-up comedy and feature film acting. He was known for his improvisation skills and the wide variety of memorable character voices he created. Many critics have lauded Williams as one of the funniest comedians of all time.After his first starring film role in Popeye (1980), Williams starred in numerous films that achieved critical and commercial success, including The World... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 63 (1951-2014)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYDrew Barrymore flashed her good buddy David Letterman during a 1995 appearance on The Late Show.Drew Blythe Barrymore (born February 22, 1975) is an American actress, producer, director, author, model and entrepreneur. She is a member of the Barrymore family of actors, and the granddaughter of John Barrymore. She achieved fame as a child actress with her role in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982). She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a BAFTA nomination. Following a highly publicized childhood marked by drug and alcohol abuse, Barrymore released an autobiography, Little Girl Lost, when she was 16 in 1991. She went on to appear in a string of successful films throughout the decade, including Poison Ivy (1992), Boys on the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Culver City, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYOprah Winfrey and David Letterman were once engaged in a 16-year feud, but the two buried the hatchet and are now friends.Oprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey, January 29, 1954) is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.Winfrey was born into... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA