- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
Mel Gibson and Robert Downey, Jr. are the best of friends. After Downey, Jr. experienced career troubles stemming from his drug addiction, Gibson helped him return to the spotlight by paying the insurance bond in his first film back from spending time in jail and rehab.Downey, Jr. is now looking to return the favor. He has agreed to make another Iron Man film on the condition that Gibson directs it.
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Peekskill, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYJude Law and Robert Downey, Jr. became bros on the set of the Sherlock Holmes films.David Jude Heyworth Law (born 29 December 1972) is an English actor. He has received nominations for two Academy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and two British Academy Awards (BAFTAs), winning one. In 2007, he received an Honorary César and was named a knight of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government, in recognition of his contribution to World Cinema Arts.Law rose to international fame for his role in Anthony Minghella's The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), for which he won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and was nominated for the Golden Globe Award and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. In 2004, he received... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Lewisham, London, England, UK
- Photo: flickr / CC0Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey, Jr. have been buddies for decades.Gwyneth Kate Paltrow () (born September 27, 1972) is an American actress, singer, author, and businesswoman. She has won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. Her films have grossed US$3.2 billion at the U.S. box office and US$8.2 billion worldwide.Paltrow gained very early notice for her work in films such as Seven (1995), Emma (1996), Sliding Doors (1998), and A Perfect Murder (1998). She garnered wider critical acclaim for her performance as Viola De Lesseps in the historical romance film Shakespeare in Love (1998) which won her several awards, including the Academy Award for Best Actress. This was followed by roles in The... more
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseJake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey, Jr. became friends when they filmed the 2007 film Zodiac.Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal (born December 19, 1980) is an American actor. Born into the Gyllenhaal family, he is the son of director Stephen Gyllenhaal and screenwriter Naomi Foner. He began acting as a child, making his acting debut in City Slickers (1991), followed by roles in his father's films A Dangerous Woman (1993) and Homegrown (1998). His breakthrough performances were as Homer Hickam in October Sky (1999) and as a psychologically troubled teenager in Donnie Darko (2001). His most widely seen film to that point came with the disaster film The Day After Tomorrow (2004). Gyllenhaal won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and received a nomination for the Academy Award... more
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
List of famous people who are friends with Robert Downey Jr., listed alphabetically with photos when available. Every person on this list has either been seen in public with Robert Downey Jr., or is known to be acquaintances or best friends with Robert Downey Jr.. From the people who have had a falling out with Robert Downey Jr. to Robert Downey Jr.'s current best friends and buddies, these are the people that Robert Downey Jr. has or had a relationship with at some point. If you notice that any of Robert Downey Jr.'s celebrity bros are missing from the list, you can add them below and make this list of Robert Downey Jr.'s friends that much better. List includes Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, more.This list answers the questions, "Who are Robert Downey Jr.'s friends?" and "Which celebrities is Robert Downey Jr. friends with?"