75+ Famous Singers Who Are Gemini
Are any of your favorite singers Geminis? This list compiles all the famous Gemini singers, born from May 21 to June 20. Ruled by Mercury, Geminis are good at communication, writing, and movement, so it makes sense the below are famous Gemini musicians. Gemini celebrities are easily adaptable, and move from situation to situation with ease. This is why the touring lifestyle fits these Gemini singers so well.
The extensive list of famous Gemini celebs features artists ranging from singer/rapper Kanye West (born June 8th) to country star Blake Shelton (June 18th). There's also a ton of old-school pop and rock icons, including Prince and Stevie Nicks. Because Gemini's symbol is the pair of twins, you'll find that a lot of these artists are able to work well with others in bands as well as solo. Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney are great solo artists, but created magic with The Beach Boys and The Beatles, respectively.
If you're a Gemini, maybe you'll find a kindred spirit on this list of famous male and female singers. If you're an Aries or Leo, you would have a chance at compatibility with these famous Geminis. Keep reading to learn more about the colorful, curious, and thoughtful musicians that are born under the Gemini zodiac sign. For more information on Gemini famous people, check out our list on famous Gemini rappers.
- Photo: Raph_PH / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0Sir James Paul McCartney (born 18 June 1942) is an English singer, songwriter, musician, composer, and record and film producer who gained worldwide fame as bass player for the Beatles. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon remains the most successful in history. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine. A self-taught musician, McCartney is proficient on bass, guitar, and keyboards. He is known for his melodic approach to bass-playing (mainly playing with a plectrum), his versatile and wide tenor vocal range (spanning over four octaves), and his eclecticism (exploring styles ranging from early ...more
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: North West England, Walton, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Kanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and fashion designer. His musical career has been marked by dramatic changes in styles, incorporating an eclectic range of influences including soul, baroque pop, electro, indie rock, synth-pop, industrial, and gospel. Over the course of his career, West has been responsible for cultural movements and progressions within mainstream hip hop and popular music at large. Born in Atlanta and raised in Chicago, West first became known as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, producing singles for recording artists such as Jay-Z, Ludacris and Alicia Keys. Intent on ...more
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Photo: penner / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Prince Rogers Nelson (June 7, 1958 – April 21, 2016) was an American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, dancer, actor, and filmmaker. With a career spanning four decades, Prince was known for his eclectic work and flamboyant stage appearances. He was also a multi-instrumentalist and regarded as a guitar virtuoso. Prince was also known for his very wide and extensive vocal range, in particular his far reaching falsetto. His innovative music integrated a wide variety of styles, including funk, rock, R&B, new wave, soul, psychedelia, and pop. Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Prince developed an interest in music as a young child and wrote his first song, "Funk Machine", ...more
- Age: Apr. at 57 (1958-2016)
- Birthplace: Minneapolis, USA, Minnesota
- Photo: Fr8nkmorales / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 4.0Victor Kwesi Mensah (born June 6, 1993), better known by his stage name Vic Mensa, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer from Chicago, Illinois. Mensa was a member of the group Kids These Days, which broke up in May 2013, after which he released his debut solo mixtape Innanetape. He is currently signed to Roc Nation. Mensa is also a founder of the hip-hop collective Savemoney which includes frequent collaborator Chance the Rapper. He also is the founder of the SavemoneySavelife foundation, which combats American racism and funds three programs in Chicago centered on health and the arts. Mensa's debut single "Down on My Luck" was released in June 2014 by Virgin EMI. ...more
- Age: 26
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
- Photo: Matthew Becker / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 3.0Barry Manilow (born Barry Alan Pincus, June 17, 1943) is an American singer-songwriter, arranger, musician and producer with a career that has spanned more than 50 years. His hit recordings include "Could It Be Magic", "Mandy", "I Write the Songs" "Can't Smile Without You", and "Copacabana (At the Copa)". He recorded and released 46 Top 40 singles on the Adult Contemporary Chart, including 13 that hit number one and 28 of which appeared within the top ten, and has released many multi-platinum albums. Although not a favorite artist of music critics, Manilow has been praised by entertainers including Frank Sinatra, who was quoted in the 1970s as saying, "He's next." In 1988, Bob Dylan ...more
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Williamsburg, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: U.S. State Department / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainLionel Brockman Richie Jr. (born June 20, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer. Richie's style of ballads with the Commodores and in his solo career launched him as one of the most successful balladeers of the 1980s. Beginning in 1968, Richie was a member of the funk and soul band the Commodores. The Commodores became established as a popular soul group; their first several albums had a danceable, funky sound, as in such tracks as "Machine Gun" and "Brick House." Over time, Richie wrote and sang more romantic, easy-listening ballads such as "Easy", "Three Times a Lady", "Still", and the breakup ballad "Sail On". Richie launched a solo career in 1982 and his ...more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Tuskegee, Alabama, USA