List of notable or famous gymnasts from Russia, with bios and photos, including the top gymnasts born in Russia and even some popular gymnasts who immigrated to Russia. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Russian gymnasts then this list is the perfect resource for you. These gymnasts are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known gymnast from Russia is included when available.
You can rank all of these people, from Margarita Levieva to Svetlana Khorkina.
This historic gymnasts from Russia list can help answer the questions "Who are some Russian gymnasts of note?" and "Who are the most famous gymnasts from Russia?" These prominent gymnasts of Russia may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Russian gymnasts.Use this list of renowned Russian gymnasts to discover some new gymnasts that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
Aleksandr BalandinPhoto: Tim Clayton / Getty ImagesAleksandr Sergeyevich Balandin (Russian: Александр Сергеевич Баландин, born 20 June 1989) is a retired Russian gymnast. He is known for his work on the rings and has three skills named after him on this apparatus. He placed fourth in the rings at the 2012 Olympics.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Petrozavodsk, Russia
- Video: YouTubeAleksandr Nikolaevich Dityatin (Russian: Александр Николаевич Дитятин, born August 7, 1957) is a retired Soviet/Russian gymnast, three-time Olympic champion, and Honoured Master of Sports of the USSR. Winning eight medals at the 1980 Summer Olympics, he set the record for achieving the most medals of any type at a single Olympic Games. The American swimmer Michael Phelps has now twice equalled this record, at Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008. Dityatin competed for the Leningrad Dinamo sports society.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Photo: Alina Makarenko / InstagramAlina Andreevna Makarenko is a Russian group rhythmic gymnast. She is the 2012 Olympics Group All-around champion, the 2011 World Group All-around silver medalist, 2012 European Group All-around gold medalist and 2010 Youth Olympic Games Group All-around champion.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 25
- Birthplace: Kalmykia, Russia
- Aliya Nurgayanovna (Nikolayevna) Garaeva (Garayeva) (Tatar: Алия Нургаян кызы Гәрәева; Russian: Алия Нургаяновна Гараева), born 1 January 1988 in Yekaterinburg, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union) is a retired Azerbaijani individual rhythmic gymnast. She represented Russia (until 2005), and Azerbaijan (2006-2012). She is the 2011 World All-around bronze medalist, a two-time (2010, 2012) European All-around bronze medalist, two time (2007, 2011) Grand Prix Final All-around bronze medalist and five-time Azerbaijanii National champion.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Yekaterinburg, Russia