A List of Famous Hispanic Politicians, with photos! These are some of the most well known Mexican Americans in the United States. Currently, over 10 percent of the population of the United States is Hispanic. Mexican American culture is robust and full of history, with a focus on family. The people on this list vary in importance, from Mexican American heroes to simple sources of pride within America's Mexican community.
These lists include as many famous hispanics as possible, that said, finding all of them would be a very difficult task. Mexican immigrants are an important part of the fabric that is the great American melting pot. They include many important, distinguished, and notable people within the USA.Who are famous Hispanic politicians? Take a look at this list and you'll see some of the biggest names in American politics on this list.
- Antonio Ramón Villaraigosa (; né Villar Jr.; born January 23, 1953) is an American politician who was the 41st Mayor of Los Angeles, California, from 2005 to 2013. Before becoming mayor, he was a member of the California State Assembly (1994–2000), where he served as the Democratic leader of the Assembly (1996–98), and the Speaker of the California State Assembly (1998–2000). As Speaker, Villaraigosa was an advocate for working families and helped to write legislation protecting the environment, expanding healthcare access, and increasing funding for public schools. He ran for mayor in 2001 against Los Angeles City Attorney James Hahn, but lost in the second round of voting. Villaraigosa... more
- Birthplace: Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California, USA
- William Blaine Richardson III (born November 15, 1947) is an American politician, author, and diplomat, who served as the 30th governor of New Mexico from 2003 to 2011. He was also U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and Energy Secretary in the Clinton administration, a U.S. Congressman, chairman of the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and chairman of the Democratic Governors Association. In December 2008, he was nominated for the cabinet-level position of Secretary of Commerce in the first Obama administration, but withdrew a month later as he was investigated for possible improper business dealings in New Mexico. Although the investigation was later dropped, it was seen to have... more
- Birthplace: Pasadena, California, United States of America
- Loretta Lorna Sanchez (born January 7, 1960) is an American politician who served in the United States House of Representatives from 1997 to 2017. She was first elected in 1996, when she defeated long-serving Republican congressman Bob Dornan by fewer than 1,000 votes. Sanchez represented the 46th district from 1997 to 2003, then California's 47th congressional district from 2003 to 2013, and again in the 46th district from 2013 to 2017. The district lies in central Orange County. Since 1996, Sanchez has been a member of the Democratic Party, and of the moderate/conservative House Blue Dog Coalition.Sanchez chose not to run for re-election to the House in 2016, instead opting to run for the... more
- Birthplace: Lynwood, California, United States of America
- Henry Roberto Cuellar (; born September 19, 1955) is the U.S Representative for Texas's 28th congressional district, a position he has held since 2005. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district extends from the Rio Grande to the suburbs of San Antonio.... more
- Birthplace: Texas, Contiguous United States, Laredo, United States of America, Area code 956