20 Famous Insomniacs
Wake up! It's time for a list of famous insomniacs, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Insomnia is a chronic sleep disorder in which an individual can not fall asleep or remain asleep through the night. Insomnia can be stress related and many people take sleeping pills to treat the condition. Many creative people are insomniacs because they are always thinking about their work.
Who is the most famous person who is an insomniac? Miley Cyrus tops our list. The Hannah Montana star is a self-proclaimed insomniac. She frequently takes to twitter to tell her fans about her troubles getting to sleep. She even told her followers that she is “taking a zanny trying to pass out…. Goodnight.” Other musicians who are suffer from insomnia include Lady Gaga, Madonna and Jimi Hendrix.
Several famous insomniacs have actually died as a result of the condition. Michael Jackson overdosed on the medication propofol, which he was using as a sleep aid. Model Anna Nicole Smith and Brokeback Mountain actor Heath Ledger also both overdosed on sleeping medications. “Some Like It Hot” actress Marilyn Monroe's suicide was also connected to sleeping pills.Why do you think doctors keep prescribing sleeping pills when there have been so many overdoses? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: David Shankbone / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Madonna takes medication to treat her insomnia. She has stated, "I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?"
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America
- Photo: Nicolas Genin / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0George Clooney suffers from insomnia and he claims that leaving the television on helps him fall asleep.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
- Photo: New York Sunday News / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainMarilyn Monroe treated her insomnia with sleeping pills.
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1926-1962)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Eva Rinaldi / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Like her "Gravity" co-star George Clooney, Sandra Bullock suffers from insomnia.
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHeath Ledger suffered from exhaustion and insomnia, and sleeping pills were a factor in his early death.
- Age: Dec. at 28 (1979-2008)
- Birthplace: Perth, Australia
- Photo: doggiesrule04 / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Anna Nicole Smith was an insomniac, and an overdose of sleeping medication contributed to her death.
- Age: Dec. at 39 (1967-2007)
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, USA