List of notable or famous lawyers from Ghana, with bios and photos, including the top lawyers born in Ghana and even some popular lawyers who immigrated to Ghana. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Ghanaian lawyers then this list is the perfect resource for you. Here are also famous professors from Ghana and famous Ghanian authors. These lawyers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known lawyer from Ghana is included when available.
Examples of people on this list include Ebenezer Sekyi-Hughes and Patrick Kwateng Acheampong.
This historic lawyers from Ghana list can help answer the questions "Who are some Ghanaian lawyers of note?" and "Who are the most famous lawyers from Ghana?" These prominent lawyers of Ghana may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Ghanaian lawyers.Use this list of renowned Ghanaian lawyers to discover some new lawyers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYRt. Hon. Aaron Mike Oquaye, (born April 4, 1944) is a Ghanaian politician and is the Speaker of the Parliament of Ghana. Oquaye was sworn in as the Speaker of Parliament on 7 January 2017. A member of the New Patriotic Party, he was the Member of Parliament for Dome-Kwabenya from 2005 to 2013. He was Ghana's High Commissioner to India from 2001 to 2004, then Minister of Energy from 2005 to 2006 and Minister of Communications from 2006 to 2009. He served as the Second Deputy Speaker of Parliament from 2009 to 2013. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Ghana
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYAkua Kuenyehia (born 1947) is a Ghanaian lawyer who served a judge of the International Criminal Court (ICC) from 2003 to 2015. She also served as First Vice-President of the Court. She was one of the only three female African judges at the ICC. Kuenyehia represented Ghana on the United Nations' Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) committee in 2003 and worked hard to contribute to its reputation and influence. Kuenyehia is an Honorary Fellow of Somerville College. ... more on Wikipedia
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYHonourable Alban Kingsford Sumani Bagbin (born 24 September 1957) is a Ghanaian politician who is currently the Second deputy speaker of Parliament. He was the Minister for Health in the Ghana government until February 2013 when Hanny-Sherry Ayittey took over the position. He is also the Member of Parliament for Nadowli West. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Upper West Region, Ghana
- Photo: Time/Life MagazineJustice Augustus Molade Akiwumi (7 April 1891 – ?) was a judge and also the second Speaker of the Parliament of Ghana.... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Lagos, Nigeria