List of notable or famous lawyers from Malaysia, with bios and photos, including the top lawyers born in Malaysia and even some popular lawyers who immigrated to Malaysia. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Malaysian lawyers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These lawyers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known lawyer from Malaysia is included when available.
A list made up of people like Roger Tan Kor Mee and Karpal Singh.
This historic lawyers from Malaysia list can help answer the questions "Who are some Malaysian lawyers of note?" and "Who are the most famous lawyers from Malaysia?" These prominent lawyers of Malaysia may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Malaysian lawyers.Use this list of renowned Malaysian lawyers to discover some new lawyers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Tun Datuk Seri Panglima Juhar bin Mahiruddin (born 5 November 1953) is a Malaysian politician who has been Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah since 2011. Previously he was Speaker of the Sabah State Legislative Assembly from 2002 to 2010. He was Deputy Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat from 1990 to 1999. He is also the Chancellor of Universiti Malaysia Sabah. Juhar is a founding member of the United Malays National Organisation's (UMNO) branch in Sabah.... more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Tambisan Island
- Karpal Singh s/o Ram Singh (Punjabi: ਕਰਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ, romanized: Karapāla sigha; 28 June 1940 – 17 April 2014) was an Indian Malaysian politician and lawyer. He was Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency of Bukit Gelugor in the state of Penang from 2004 to 2014. During that time, he was also the National Chairman of the Democratic Action Party (DAP).Born in Penang to Sikh Punjabi Indian immigrant parents, Karpal studied law at the National University of Singapore. He was one of Malaysia's most prominent lawyers and took a number of high-profile cases, including drug-trafficking charges against foreign nationals and sodomy accusations against former deputy prime minister Anwar Ibrahim.... more
- Age: Dec. at 73 (1940-2014)
- Birthplace: George Town, Malaysia
M. KulasegaranM. Kula Segaran s/o V. Murugeson (Tamil: மு.குலசேகரன், romanized: Mu.Kulacēkaraṉ; born 10 August 1957), commonly referred to as Kula, is a Malaysian politician, barrister and currently serving as the Minister of Human Resources. He is the National Vice-Chairman of the Democratic Action Party (DAP), he also served as the Member of Parliament for Ipoh Barat, Perak. Kula Segaran is an ethnic Tamil and has voiced many issues affecting the Malaysian Indian community. He sparked interest on social media for wearing thallapa during swearing-in ceremony as cabinet minister.... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Malaysia
M. ManoharanManoharan s/o Malayalam (Tamil: ம. மனோகரன்) (born 13 September 1961) also known as M. Manoharan is a Malaysian lawyer and was the State Assemblyman for Kota Alam Shah in the Selangor State Assembly. He is a member of the Democratic Action Party (DAP).Manoharan was actively involved in the HINDRAF movement. He represented M. Moorthy's widow, Kaliammal Sinnasamy in a legal tussle over the late Everest conqueror's body. Manoharan.... more
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Selangor, Malaysia