List of famous male aircraft designers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male aircraft designers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being aircraft designers. There are thousand of males working as aircraft designers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic aircraft designers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a aircraft designer then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list features Orville Wright, Eduardo Aldasoro and more.While this isn't a list of all male aircraft designers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male aircraft designers?" and "Who are the best male aircraft designers?"
- Age: Dec. at 77 (1871-1948)
- Birthplace: Dayton, Ohio
- Wilbur Wright (April 16, 1867 – May 30, 1912) was the older of the two Wright brothers (the other being Orville), two Americans credited with inventing and building the world's first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight, on December 17, 1903.... more
- Age: Dec. at 45 (1867-1912)
- Birthplace: Millville, Liberty Township, Indiana
- Igor Ivanovich Sikorsky (Russian: И́горь Ива́нович Сико́рский, IPA: [ˈiɡərʲ ɪˈvanəvitʃ sʲɪˈkorskʲɪj] (listen), tr. Ígor' Ivánovič Sikórskij; May 25, 1889 – October 26, 1972) was a Russian-American aviation pioneer in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. His first success came with the S-2, the second aircraft of his design and construction. His fifth airplane, the S-5, won him national recognition as well as F.A.I. license number 64. His S-6-A received the highest award at the 1912 Moscow Aviation Exhibition, and in the fall of that year the aircraft won for its young designer, builder and pilot first prize in the military competition at Saint Petersburg.After immigrating to the... more
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1889-1972)
- Birthplace: Kiev, Ukrainian SSR
- Karl Gustav Vollmöller (or Vollmoeller; 7 May 1878 – 18 October 1948) was a German philologist, archaeologist, poet, playwright, screenwriter, and aircraft designer. He is most famous for the elaborate religious spectacle-pantomime The Miracle and the screenplay for the celebrated 1930 film The Blue Angel (Der blaue Engel), which made a star of Marlene Dietrich.... more
- Age: Dec. at 70 (1878-1948)
- Birthplace: Stuttgart, Germany