List of famous male astrophysicists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male astrophysicists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being astrophysicists. There are thousand of males working as astrophysicists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic astrophysicists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a astrophysicist then the people below should give you inspiration.
People here include everyone from John-David F. Bartoe to Uros Seljak.While this isn't a list of all male astrophysicists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male astrophysicists?" and "Who are the best male astrophysicists?"
- Neil deGrasse Tyson (; born October 5, 1958) is an American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. The center is part of the American Museum of Natural History, where Tyson founded the Department of Astrophysics in 1997 and has been a research associate in the department since 2003. Tyson studied at Harvard University, the University of Texas at Austin, and Columbia University. From 1991 to 1994, he was a postdoctoral research associate at Princeton University. In 1994, he joined the Hayden Planetarium as a staff scientist and the Princeton... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Matthew Baker / Getty ImagesBrian Harold May, (born 19 July 1947) is an English musician, singer, songwriter and astrophysicist. He is the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen. His songs include "We Will Rock You", "Tie Your Mother Down", "I Want It All", "Fat Bottomed Girls", "Flash", "Hammer to Fall", "Save Me", "Who Wants to Live Forever" and "The Show Must Go On". May was a co-founder of Queen with lead singer Freddie Mercury and drummer Roger Taylor, having previously performed with Taylor in the band Smile, which he had joined while he was at university. Within five years of their formation in 1970 and the recruitment of bass player John Deacon completing the lineup, Queen had become one of the biggest rock... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Colin Michael Foale (born 6 January 1957) is a British-American astrophysicist and former NASA astronaut. He is a veteran of six space missions, and is the only NASA astronaut to have flown extended missions aboard both Mir and the International Space Station. He was the first Briton to perform a space walk, and until 17 April 2008, he held the record for most time spent in space by a US citizen: 374 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes. He still holds the cumulative-time-in-space record for a UK citizen.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Louth, United Kingdom
- Dirk Dries David Damiaan, Viscount Frimout (born 21 March 1941 in Poperinge, Belgium) is an astrophysicist for the European Space Agency. He flew aboard NASA Space Shuttle mission STS-45 as a payload specialist, making him the first Belgian in space. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Poperinge, Belgium