List of popular male athletes from Samoa, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Samoa has a rich history of competing in sports, and these are the famous males that make that competition so exciting. Some of the best Samoa male athletes in the world are listed below, some of who have represented Samoa in the Olympics. You can click on the names of these talented male athletes of Samoa in order to get more information about each one, such as the birthplace of the athlete and when they were born.
These athletes, like Setaimata Sa and Henry Fa'afili include images when available.This list answers the questions, "What famous male athletes are from Samoa?" and "Who are the greatest male Samoa athletes?"
- Photo: user uploaded imageKrisnan Nevada Inu (born 17 March 1987) is a professional rugby league footballer who plays as a centre or winger for the Salford Red Devils in the Betfred Super League. He has played for both New Zealand and Samoa at international level. He has previously played the Parramatta Eels, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL, and the Catalans Dragons and the Widnes Vikings in the Super League. Inu is one of two players who have lost grand finals with three clubs. He was a member of the 2008 World Cup-winning New Zealand team.Inu has also played rugby union for Stade Français of the Top 14 competition in France.... more
- Birthplace: Auckland, New Zealand
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Mafaufau Tavita Lio Mafaufau Sanerivi Talimatasi (born 21 November 1972), best known as David Tua, is a Samoan-New Zealander former professional boxer who competed from 1992 to 2013. A highly ranked heavyweight contender for most of his career, Tua was known for his formidable punching power, especially in his left hook; he scored sixteen wins by knockout in the first round, which included knockouts of world heavyweight champions John Ruiz and Michael Moorer within thirty seconds of the first round, as well as late stoppages of world champions Oleg Maskaev and Hasim Rahman. Tua ended his career with a knockout-to-win ratio of 82.6%. In a 2003 article by The Ring magazine, Tua was ranked... more
- Birthplace: Faleasiu, Samoa
- Nationality: Samoa, New Zealand
Motu TonyIosefo Motu Tony (born 29 May 1981) is a former New Zealand international rugby league footballer who played as a fullback in the 2000s and 2010s. He previously played in the NRL for the New Zealand Warriors and the Brisbane Broncos before playing in the Super League for the Castleford Tigers, Hull F.C. (with whom he won the 2005 Challenge Cup) and the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, and in the RFL Championship for Whitehaven.... more
- Birthplace: Saleimoa, Samoa
- Nationality: New Zealand,Samoa
- Ropati Pitoitua ( roh-PAH-tee pit-ə-IT-wah; born April 6, 1985) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Washington State. Pitoitua has also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans.... more
- Birthplace: Samoa
- Nationality: Samoa
- Position: Defensive tackle, Defensive end