List of famous male authors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male authors list contains the most prominent and top males known for being authors. There are thousand of males working as authors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic authors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a author then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of people like Bruce Herschensohn and Cheech Marin.While this isn't a list of all male authors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male authors?" and "Who are the best male authors?"
- Photo: Jesse Grant / Getty ImagesWilliam Maher (; born January 20, 1956) is an American comedian, political commentator, and television host. He is known for the HBO political talk show Real Time with Bill Maher (2003–present) and the similar late-night show called Politically Incorrect (1993–2002), originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC. Maher is known for his sarcastic attitude, political satire and sociopolitical commentary. He targets many topics including religion, political correctness and the mass media.Maher supports the legalization of cannabis, serving on the advisory board of NORML. His critical views of religion were the basis for the 2008 documentary film Religulous. He is a supporter of animal rights,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- William Henry Cosby Jr. (; born July 12, 1937) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, musician, author, and convicted sex offender. He held an active career for over six decades before being convicted and imprisoned for sex offenses in 2018. Cosby began his career as a stand-up comic at the hungry i in San Francisco during the 1960s. He then landed a starring role in the television show I Spy, followed by his own sitcom The Bill Cosby Show, which ran for two seasons from 1969 to 1971. In 1972, using the Fat Albert character developed during his stand-up routines, Cosby created, produced, and hosted the animated comedy television series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids which ran until 1985,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Bob Dylan (born May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, author, poet, and visual artist who has been a major figure in popular culture for more than fifty years. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" (1963) and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" (1964) became anthems for the Civil Rights Movement and anti-war movement. His lyrics during this period incorporated a wide range of political, social, philosophical, and literary influences, defied pop-music conventions and appealed to the burgeoning counterculture. Following his self-titled debut album in 1962, which mainly comprised traditional folk songs, Dylan made his breakthrough... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: USA, Minnesota, Duluth
- Photo: Robin Marchant / Getty ImagesChristopher Keith Irvine (born November 9, 1970), better known by his ring name Chris Jericho, is an American-born Canadian professional wrestler, musician, author, and actor, currently signed to All Elite Wrestling (AEW). In professional wrestling, he is best known for appearances in WWE between 1999 and 2018. Noted for his over-the-top, rock star persona, Jericho has been named by journalists and industry colleagues as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time. During the 1990s, Jericho performed for the American organizations Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW), as well as for international promotions in countries such as Canada,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 49