List of famous male basketball players, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male basketball players list contains the most prominent and top males known for being basketball players. There are thousand of males working as basketball players in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic basketball players have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a basketball player then the people below should give you inspiration.
These people, like Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and LeBron James include images when available.While this isn't a list of all male basketball players, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male basketball players?" and "Who are the best male basketball players?"
- Photo: Gabriel Olsen/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentKobe Bean Bryant (August 23, 1978 – January 26, 2020) was an American professional basketball player. He played his entire 20-year career in the National Basketball Association (NBA) with the Los Angeles Lakers. He entered the NBA directly from high school and won five NBA championships. Bryant was an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, 12-time member of the All-Defensive team and was the NBA's Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2008. His four All-Star MVP Awards are tied with Bob Pettit for the most in NBA history. At the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, he won gold medals as a member of the U.S. national team. In 2018, Bryant won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 41 (1978-2020)
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- LeBron Raymone James Sr. (; born December 30, 1984) is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His accomplishments include three NBA championships, four NBA Most Valuable Player Awards, three NBA Finals MVP Awards, and two Olympic gold medals. James has appeared in fifteen NBA All-Star Games and been named NBA All-Star MVP three times. He won the 2008 NBA scoring title, is the all-time NBA playoffs scoring leader, and is fourth in all-time career points scored. He has been voted onto the All-NBA First Team twelve times and the All-Defensive First Team five times. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Akron, Ohio
- Photo: Jason H. Smith / FlickrMichael Jeffrey Jordan (born February 17, 1963), also known by his initials MJ, is an American former professional basketball player and the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played 15 seasons in the NBA, winning six championships with the Chicago Bulls. His biography on the official NBA website states: "By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time." He was one of the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was considered instrumental in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s.Jordan played three seasons for coach Dean Smith with the North Carolina Tar Heels. As a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Photo: Noel Vasquez / Getty ImagesDennis Keith Rodman (born May 13, 1961) is an American retired professional basketball player who played for the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, and Dallas Mavericks in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was nicknamed "The Worm" and is famous for his fierce defensive and rebounding abilities. Rodman played at the small forward position in his early years before becoming a power forward. He earned NBA All-Defensive First Team honors seven times and won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award twice. He also led the NBA in rebounds per game for a record seven consecutive years and won five NBA championships. His biography at NBA.com states... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Trenton, New Jersey, United States of America