List of famous male bassists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male bassists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being bassists. There are thousand of males working as bassists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic bassists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a bassist then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of a variety of different people, including Tim Kingsbury and Jack Allen.While this isn't a list of all male bassists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male bassists?" and "Who are the best male bassists?"
- Photo: flickr / CC0Sir James Paul McCartney (born 18 June 1942) is an English singer, songwriter, musician, composer, and record and film producer who gained worldwide fame as bass player for the Beatles. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon remains the most successful in history. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine. A self-taught musician, McCartney is proficient on bass, guitar, and keyboards. He is known for his melodic approach to bass-playing (mainly playing with a plectrum), his versatile and wide tenor vocal range (spanning over four octaves), and his eclecticism (exploring styles ranging from early... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 78
- Birthplace: Walton, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Gene Klein (born Chaim Witz on August 25, 1949), known professionally as Gene Simmons, is an Israeli-American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, actor, author, and television personality. Also known by his stage persona The Demon, he is the bassist and co-lead singer of Kiss, the rock band he co-founded with lead singer and rhythm guitarist Paul Stanley in the early 1970s.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: Tirat Carmel, Israel
- Photo: Helga Esteb / ShutterstockJared Joseph Leto (; born December 26, 1971) is an American actor, singer, songwriter, and director. After starting his career with television appearances in the early 1990s, Leto achieved recognition for his role as Jordan Catalano on the television series My So-Called Life (1994). He made his film debut in How to Make an American Quilt (1995) and received critical praise for his performance in Prefontaine (1997). Leto played supporting roles in The Thin Red Line (1998), Fight Club (1999) and American Psycho (2000), as well as the lead role in Urban Legend (1998), and earned critical acclaim after portraying heroin addict Harry Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream (2000). He later began... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Bossier City, Louisiana, United States of America
- Photo: Hagen Hopkins / Getty ImagesMichael Trent Reznor (born May 17, 1965) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and film score composer. He is the founder, lead vocalist, and principal songwriter of the industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails, which he founded in 1988 and of which he was the sole official member until adding long-time collaborator Atticus Ross as a permanent member in 2016. His first release under the Nine Inch Nails name, the 1989 album Pretty Hate Machine, was a commercial and critical success. He has since released nine Nine Inch Nails studio albums. He left Interscope Records in 2007 and was an independent recording artist until signing with Columbia Records in 2012. Reznor was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Mercer, Pennsylvania