List of famous male choreographers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male choreographers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being choreographers. There are thousand of males working as choreographers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic choreographers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a choreographer then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list below has a variety of people, like Mats Ek and Peter Quanz, in it.While this isn't a list of all male choreographers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male choreographers?" and "Who are the best male choreographers?"
- Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the "King of Pop", he is regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century and one of the greatest entertainers. Jackson's contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. The eighth child of the Jackson family, Michael made his professional debut in 1964 with his elder brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon as a member of the Jackson 5. He began his solo career in 1971 while at Motown Records, and in the early 1980s, became a dominant figure in ...more
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1958-2009)
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- Eugene Curran Kelly (August 23, 1912 – February 2, 1996) was an American dancer, actor of film, stage, and television, singer, film director, producer, and choreographer. He was known for his energetic and athletic dancing style, his good looks, and the likable characters that he played on screen. Best known today for his performances in films such as An American in Paris (1951), Anchors Aweigh (1945)— for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor—and Singin' in the Rain (1952), he starred in musical films until they fell out of fashion in the late 1950s. He starred in, choreographed, or co-directed some of the most well-regarded musicals of the 1940s and 1950s, debuting ...more
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1912-1996)
- Birthplace: Highland Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Fred Astaire (born May 10, 1899 – June 22, 1987) was an American dancer, singer, actor, choreographer, and television presenter. He is widely considered the most influential dancer in the history of film.His stage and subsequent film and television careers spanned a total of 76 years. He starred in more than 10 Broadway and London musicals, made 31 musical films, four television specials, and issued numerous recordings. As a dancer, his most outstanding traits were his uncanny sense of rhythm, his perfectionism, and his innovation. His most memorable dancing partnership was with Ginger Rogers, with whom he co-starred in a series of ten Hollywood musicals. The American Film Institute named ...more
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1899-1987)
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
- Maksim "Maks" Aleksandrovich Chmerkovskiy (Ukrainian: Максим Олександрович Чмерковський, pronounced [mɑkˈsɪm olɛkˈsɑndroβɪtʃ ˈtʃmɛrkou̯sʲkɪj]; born January 17, 1980) is a Ukrainian-American Latin–ballroom dance champion, choreographer, and instructor. He is widely known as one of the professional dancers on the American television series Dancing with the Stars, on which he first appeared in season two. In his 17 seasons as a competing pro on the show, Chmerkovskiy made it to the final round five times, with two runner-up and two third-place finishes. On May 20, 2014, Chmerkovskiy, paired with Olympic ice dancer Meryl Davis, won his first Dancing with the Stars title. Chmerkovskiy has also ...more
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Odessa, Ukraine