List of famous male drummers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male drummers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being drummers. There are thousand of males working as drummers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic drummers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a drummer then the people below should give you inspiration.
Nick Jago and James Kottak are a great starting point for your to rank your favorites on this listWhile this isn't a list of all male drummers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male drummers?" and "Who are the best male drummers?"
- Photo: flickr / CC0Sir James Paul McCartney (born 18 June 1942) is an English singer, songwriter, musician, composer, and record and film producer who gained worldwide fame as bass player for the Beatles. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon remains the most successful in history. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine. A self-taught musician, McCartney is proficient on bass, guitar, and keyboards. He is known for his melodic approach to bass-playing (mainly playing with a plectrum), his versatile and wide tenor vocal range (spanning over four octaves), and his eclecticism (exploring styles ranging from early... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Pop music, Rock music, Experimental rock, Classical music, Pop rock
- Albums: Flaming Pie, Ram, McCartney, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Press to Play
- Nationality: England
- Thomas Lee Bass (born October 3, 1962) is an American musician and founding member of Mötley Crüe. As well as being the band's long-term drummer, Lee founded rap-metal band Methods of Mayhem, and has pursued solo musical projects.... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Glam metal, Nu metal, Electro house, Rapcore, House music
- Albums: Never a Dull Moment, Tommyland: The Ride, Trying to Be Me, Static, Uncle Demon EP
- Nationality: United States of America, Greece
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicensePhilip David Charles Collins (born 30 January 1951) is an English drummer, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor. He was the drummer and later became singer of the rock band Genesis, and is also a solo artist. Between 1982 and 1989, Collins scored three UK and seven US number-one singles in his solo career. When his work with Genesis, his work with other artists, as well as his solo career is totalled, he had more US Top 40 singles than any other artist during the 1980s. His most successful singles from the period include "In the Air Tonight", "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)", "One More Night", "Sussudio", "Two Hearts" and "Another Day in... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Blue-eyed soul, Pop music, Rock music, Contemporary R&B, Jazz fusion
- Albums: Face Value, Both Sides, No Jacket Required, Hello, I Must Be Going!
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Photo: Ted Streshinsky Photographic Archive / Getty ImagesKeith John Moon (23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978) was an English drummer for the rock band the Who. He was noted for his unique style and his eccentric, often self-destructive behaviour. His drumming continues to be praised by critics and musicians. He was posthumously inducted into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 1982, becoming only the second rock drummer to be chosen, and in 2011, Moon was voted the second-greatest drummer in history by a Rolling Stone readers' poll.Moon grew up in Alperton, a suburb of Wembley, in Middlesex, and took up the drums during the early 1960s. After playing with a local band, the Beachcombers, he joined the Who in 1964 before they recorded their first... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Skiffle, Pop music, Rock music, Protopunk, Heavy metal
- Albums: Two Sides of the Moon
- Nationality: England