List of famous male engineers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male engineers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being engineers. There are thousand of males working as engineers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic engineers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a engineer then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features people like Al Romano, Arthur Cotton and more!While this isn't a list of all male engineers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male engineers?" and "Who are the best male engineers?"
- Alexander Graham Bell ('Graham' pronounced ) (March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922) was a Scottish-born American inventor, scientist, and engineer who is credited with inventing and patenting the first practical telephone. He also founded the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) in 1885.Bell's father, grandfather, and brother had all been associated with work on elocution and speech and both his mother and wife were deaf, profoundly influencing Bell's life's work. His research on hearing and speech further led him to experiment with hearing devices which eventually culminated in Bell being awarded the first U.S. patent for the telephone in 1876. Bell considered his invention an... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 75 (1847-1922)
- Birthplace: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY)Elon Reeve Musk (; born June 28, 1971) is a technology entrepreneur, investor, and engineer. He holds South African, Canadian, and U.S. citizenship and is the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; co-founder of Neuralink; founder of The Boring Company; co-founder and co-chairman of OpenAI; and co-founder of PayPal. In December 2016, he was ranked 21st on the Forbes list of The World's Most Powerful People. He has a net worth of $19.4 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 40th-richest person in the world.Born and raised in Pretoria, South Africa, Musk moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Pretoria, South Africa
- Archimedes of Syracuse (; Greek: Ἀρχιμήδης; c. 287 – c. 212 BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. Although few details of his life are known, he is regarded as one of the leading scientists in classical antiquity. Generally considered the greatest mathematician of antiquity and one of the greatest of all time, Archimedes anticipated modern calculus and analysis by applying concepts of infinitesimals and the method of exhaustion to derive and rigorously prove a range of geometrical theorems, including the area of a circle, the surface area and volume of a sphere, and the area under a parabola.Other mathematical achievements include deriving an... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Syracuse, Italy
- Richard Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller was an American neo-futuristic architect, systems theorist, author, designer, and inventor. Fuller published more than 30 books, coining or popularizing terms such as "Spaceship Earth", ephemeralization, and synergetic. He also developed numerous inventions, mainly architectural designs, and popularized the widely known geodesic dome. Carbon molecules known as fullerenes were later named by scientists for their resemblance to geodesic spheres. Buckminster Fuller was the second president of Mensa from 1974 to 1983.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1895-1983)
- Birthplace: Milton, Massachusetts