List of famous male film critics, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male film critics list contains the most prominent and top males known for being film critics. There are thousand of males working as film critics in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic film critics have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a film critic then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people in it, like Elvis Mitchell and Manny Farber.While this isn't a list of all male film critics, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male film critics?" and "Who are the best male film critics?"
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Staff / Getty Images EntertainmentRoger Joseph Ebert (; June 18, 1942 – April 4, 2013) was an American film critic, historian, journalist, screenwriter, and author. He was a film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times from 1967 until his death in 2013. In 1975, Ebert became the first film critic to win the Pulitzer Prize for Criticism. Ebert and Chicago Tribune critic Gene Siskel helped popularize nationally televised film reviewing when they co-hosted the PBS show Sneak Previews, followed by several variously named At the Movies programs. The two verbally sparred and traded humorous barbs while discussing films. They created and trademarked the phrase "Two Thumbs Up", used when both hosts gave the same film a positive review.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1942-2013)
- Birthplace: USA, Urbana, Illinois
- Eugene Kal Siskel (January 26, 1946 – February 20, 1999) was an American film critic and journalist for the Chicago Tribune. Along with colleague Roger Ebert, he hosted a series of popular movie review shows on television from 1975 to 1999.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1946-1999)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Jonathan Stephen Ross (born 17 November 1960) is an English television and radio presenter, film critic, actor and comedian best known for presenting the BBC One chat show Friday Night with Jonathan Ross during the 2000s. Ross also hosted his own radio show on BBC Radio 2, and acted as a film critic and presenter of the Film programme. After leaving the BBC, Ross then began hosting a new chat show on ITV, The Jonathan Ross Show. Other regular roles have included being a regular panellist on the comedy sports quiz They Think It's All Over and being a regular presenter of the British Comedy Awards. Ross began his television career as a programme researcher, before débuting as a television... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Camden Town, London, United Kingdom
- Mark James Patrick Kermode (né Fairey; born 2 July 1963) is an English film critic and musician. He is the chief film critic for The Observer, contributes to the magazine Sight & Sound, presents the BBC Four documentary series Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema, co-presents the BBC Radio 5 Live show Kermode and Mayo's Film Review, and previously co-presented the BBC Two arts programme The Culture Show. Kermode is a member of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Kermode is a founding member of the skiffle band the Dodge Brothers, for which he plays double bass. In January 2019, it was announced that Kermode would be presenting a movie soundtrack themed show on Bauer Media Group's... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: Barnet, United Kingdom