List of famous male film directors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male film directors list contains the most prominent and top males known for being film directors. There are thousand of males working as film directors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic film directors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a film director then the people below should give you inspiration.
List includes Andy Tennant, Alf Kjellin and more.While this isn't a list of all male film directors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male film directors?" and "Who are the best male film directors?"
- Bob Dylan (born May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, author, poet, and visual artist who has been a major figure in popular culture for more than fifty years. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" (1963) and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" (1964) became anthems for the Civil Rights Movement and anti-war movement. His lyrics during this period incorporated a wide range of political, social, philosophical, and literary influences, defied pop-music conventions and appealed to the burgeoning counterculture. Following his self-titled debut album in 1962, which mainly comprised traditional folk songs, Dylan made his breakthrough... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Duluth, Minnesota, United States of America
- Benjamin Edward Meara Stiller (born November 30, 1965) is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, musician and director. He is the son of veteran comedians and actors Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara.After beginning his acting career with a play, Stiller wrote several mockumentaries and was offered his own show, titled The Ben Stiller Show, which he produced and hosted for its 13-episode run. Having previously acted in television, he began acting in films. He made his directorial debut with Reality Bites. Throughout his career he has written, starred in, directed, or produced more than 50 films including The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Zoolander, The Cable Guy, There's Something About... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- William Edward Crystal (born March 14, 1948) is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, director, and television host. He gained prominence in the 1970s and 80s for television roles as Jodie Dallas on the ABC sitcom Soap and as a cast member and frequent host of Saturday Night Live. He then became a Hollywood film star during the late 1980s and 1990s, appearing in the critical and box office successes The Princess Bride (1987), Throw Momma from the Train (1987), When Harry Met Sally... (1989), City Slickers (1991), Mr. Saturday Night (1992) and Analyze This (1999), and providing the voice of Mike Wazowski in the Monsters, Inc. films starting in 2001. For his work, he received... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Upper East Side, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: George Rinhart / Getty ImagesLee Jun-fan (Chinese: 李振藩; November 27, 1940 – July 20, 1973), known professionally as Bruce Lee (Chinese: 李小龍), was a Hong Kong-American actor, director, martial artist, martial arts instructor, and philosopher. He was the founder of Jeet Kune Do, a hybrid martial arts philosophy drawing from different combat disciplines that is often credited with paving the way for modern mixed martial arts (MMA). Lee is considered by commentators, critics, media, and other martial artists to be the most influential martial artist of all time and a pop culture icon of the 20th century, who bridged the gap between East and West. He is often credited with helping to change the way Asians were presented in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 33 (1940-1973)
- Birthplace: Chinatown, California, United States of America