List of famous male financiers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male financiers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being financiers. There are thousand of males working as financiers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic financiers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a financier then the people below should give you inspiration.
H. B. Hollins and Albert Frère are a great starting point for your to rank your favorites on this listWhile this isn't a list of all male financiers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male financiers?" and "Who are the best male financiers?"
- Photo: Kent Sievers / ShutterstockWarren Edward Buffett (born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor, speaker and philanthropist who serves as the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world and has a net worth of US$82 billion as of July 18, 2019, making him the third-wealthiest person in the world.Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring and graduating from the University of Nebraska at the age of 19. He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
- Photo: International Monetary Fund / FlickrGeorge Soros, Hon (born Schwartz György; August 12, 1930) is a Hungarian-American investor and philanthropist. As of February 2018, he had a net worth of $8 billion, having donated more than $32 billion to his philanthropic agency, Open Society Foundations.Born in Budapest, Soros survived Nazi Germany-occupied Hungary and emigrated to the United Kingdom in 1947. He attended the London School of Economics, graduating with a bachelor's and eventually a master's degree in philosophy. Soros began his business career by taking various jobs at merchant banks in the United Kingdom and then the United States, before starting his first hedge fund, Double Eagle, in 1969. Profits from his first fund... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: Budapest, Hungary
- Photo: U.S. Department of Justice / Wiki CommonsBernard Lawrence Madoff (; born April 29, 1938) is an American former market maker, investment advisor and financier who is currently serving a federal prison sentence for offenses related to a massive Ponzi scheme. He is the former non-executive chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, the confessed operator of the largest Ponzi scheme in world history, and the largest financial fraud in U.S. history. Prosecutors estimated the fraud to be worth $64.8 billion based on the amounts in the accounts of Madoff's 4,800 clients as of November 30, 2008.Madoff founded a penny stock brokerage in 1960 which eventually grew into Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities. He served as its chairman until his... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 82
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAlexander Hamilton (January 11, 1755 or 1757 – July 12, 1804) was an American statesman, politician, legal scholar, military commander, lawyer, banker and economist. He was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. He was an influential interpreter and promoter of the U.S. Constitution, as well as the founder of the nation's financial system, the Federalist Party, the United States Coast Guard, and the New York Post newspaper. As the first Secretary of the Treasury, Hamilton was the main author of the economic policies of George Washington's administration. He took the lead in the Federal government's funding of the states' debts, as well as establishing a national bank, a system of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1757-1804)
- Birthplace: Charlestown, Saint Kitts and Nevis