List of famous male football players, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male football players list contains the most prominent and top males known for being football players. There are thousand of males working as football players in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic football players have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a football player then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of different people like Reisangmei Vashum and Darren Fletcher.While this isn't a list of all male football players, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male football players?" and "Who are the best male football players?"
- Photo: Chris Jackson / Getty ImagesDavid Robert Joseph Beckham (UK: ; born 2 May 1975) is an English former professional footballer, the current president of Inter Miami CF and co-owner of Salford City. He played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Real Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy, Paris Saint-Germain and the England national team, for which he held the appearance record for an outfield player until 2016. He is the first English player to win league titles in four countries: England, Spain, the United States and France. He retired in May 2013 after a 20-year career, during which he won 19 major trophies.Beckham's professional club career began with Manchester United, where he made his first-team debut in 1992 at age 17. ...more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Leytonstone, London, United Kingdom
- Photo: Skip Bolen / Getty ImagesReginald Alfred Bush Jr. (born March 2, 1985) is a former American football running back. He played college football at USC, where he earned consensus All-American honors twice and won the Heisman Trophy (later forfeited) as the most outstanding player in the nation. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints second overall in the 2006 NFL Draft. While with the Saints, Bush was named an All-Pro in 2008 and won Super Bowl XLIV in 2010 over the Indianapolis Colts. He also played for the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, and San Francisco 49ers. Bush also won the 2005 Doak Walker and Walter Camp awards. However, allegations that he received improper benefits were central to an NCAA ...more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Spring Valley, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAntonio Ramiro Romo (born April 21, 1980) is an American football television analyst and retired quarterback who played 14 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Eastern Illinois University, where he won the Walter Payton Award in 2002, and led the Panthers to an Ohio Valley Conference championship in 2001. He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Cowboys in 2003. Beginning his career as a holder, Romo became the Cowboys' starting quarterback during the 2006 season. Serving as the team's primary starter from 2006 to 2015, he guided the Cowboys to four postseason appearances and was named to the Pro Bowl four times. Romo ...more
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Diego Armando Maradona (30 October 1960 – 25 November 2020) was an Argentine retired professional footballer. He was widely regarded as one of the greatest football players of all time. He was one of the two joint winners of the FIFA Player of the 20th Century award. Maradona's vision, passing, ball control and dribbling skills were combined with his small stature (1.65 m or 5 ft 5 in), which gave him a low center of gravity allowing him to maneuver better than most other football players; he would often dribble past multiple opposing players on a run. His presence and leadership on the field had a great effect on his team's general performance, while he would often be singled out by the ...more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Lanús, Argentina