List of famous male hairdressers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male hairdressers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being hairdressers. You might also be interested in famous male hair stylists and famous female hairdressers. There are thousand of males working as hairdressers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic hairdressers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a hairdresser then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people, like Vidal Sassoon and Theo Silverston, in it. These names of famous male hairdressers might sound familiar because of their popular hair salons.While this isn't a list of all male hairdressers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male hairdressers?" and "Who are the best male hairdressers?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainVidal Sassoon (17 January 1928 – 9 May 2012) was a British-American hairstylist, businessman, and philanthropist. He was noted for repopularising a simple, close-cut geometric hair style called the bob cut, worn by famous fashion designers including Mary Quant and film stars such as Mia Farrow, Goldie Hawn, Cameron Diaz, Nastassja Kinski and Helen Mirren.His early life was one of extreme poverty, with seven years of his childhood spent in an orphanage. He quit school at age 14, soon holding various jobs in London during World War II. Although he hoped to become a professional football player, he became an apprentice hairdresser at the suggestion of his mother. After developing a reputation... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 84 (1928-2012)
- Birthplace: England, London
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesJheri Redding (born Robert William Redding March 2, 1907 – March 15, 1998) was an American hairdresser, chemist, hair-care products entrepreneur and businessman. Redding is best known for having created the Jheri curl. Redding is credited with being the inventor of modern-day hair conditioner. He was the first to make "pH balanced" shampoos, to put vitamins in hair care products, and to market added minerals. He developed the perm product Jheri curl, as well as numerous other beauty products. He founded the international beauty products business that bore his name, along with three others. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 91 (1907-1998)
- Birthplace: Rantoul, Illinois
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesLauri Pedaja (born 4 April 1987 in Rakvere) is an Estonian actor and hairdresser. He debuted as an actor in 2007 film The Class directed by Ilmar Raag, where he had one of the lead roles. In 2008, Pedaja participated as a celebrity contestant on the third season of Tantsud tähtedega, an Estonian version of Dancing with the Stars. His professional dancing partner was Kristina Tennokese.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: Estonia
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useSidney "Sid" James (born Solomon Joel Cohen; 8 May 1913 – 26 April 1976) was a British character and comic actor born into a middle-class Jewish family in South Africa.Appearing in British films from 1947, he was cast in numerous small and supporting roles into the 1950s. His profile was raised as Tony Hancock's co-star in Hancock's Half Hour, first in the radio series and later when it was adapted for television and ran from 1954 to 1961. Afterwards, he became known as a regular performer in the Carry On films, appearing in nineteen films of the series, with the top billing role in 17 (in the other two he was cast below Frankie Howerd). Meanwhile, his starring roles in television sitcoms... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 63 (1913-1976)
- Birthplace: South Africa