List of famous male inventors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male inventors list contains the most prominent and top males known for being inventors. There are thousand of males working as inventors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic inventors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a inventor then the people below should give you inspiration.
List ranges from Hércules Florence to Amos Whitney, plus much more.While this isn't a list of all male inventors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male inventors?" and "Who are the best male inventors?"
- Steven Paul Jobs (; February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) was an American business magnate, entrepreneur and investor. He was the chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), and co-founder of Apple Inc., the chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar, a member of The Walt Disney Company's board of directors following its acquisition of Pixar, and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT. Jobs is widely recognized as a pioneer of the microcomputer revolution of the 1970s and 1980s, along with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. Jobs was born in San Francisco, California and put up for adoption. He was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. He attended Reed College in 1972 before dropping out that same... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 56 (1955-2011)
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Photo: Featureflash / Shutterstock.comJames Francis Cameron (born August 16, 1954) is a Canadian filmmaker and environmentalist who currently lives in New Zealand and the United States. After working in special effects, he found major success since directing and writing the science fiction action film The Terminator (1984). He then became a popular Hollywood director and was hired to write and direct Aliens (1986); three years later he followed up with The Abyss (1989). He found further critical acclaim for his use of special effects in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). After his film True Lies (1994), Cameron took on his biggest film at the time, Titanic (1997), which earned him Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Canada, Kapuskasing, Americas
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainBenjamin Franklin (January 17, 1706 [O.S. January 6, 1705] – April 17, 1790) was an American polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Franklin was a leading author, printer, political theorist, politician, Freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor, humorist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat. As a scientist, he was a major figure in the American Enlightenment and the history of physics for his discoveries and theories regarding electricity. As an inventor, he is known for the lightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among other inventions. He founded many civic organizations, including the Library Company, Philadelphia's first fire department and the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 84 (1706-1790)
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Photo: uploaded by Q047Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and depth of his interests were without precedent and "his mind and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1452-1519)
- Birthplace: Vinci, Italy