List of famous male keytarists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male keytarists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being keytarists. There are thousand of males working as keytarists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic keytarists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a keytarist then the people below should give you inspiration.
List people include Chick Corea Elektric Band, Patrick Moraz and many more.While this isn't a list of all male keytarists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male keytarists?" and "Who are the best male keytarists?"
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYAlfred Matthew "Weird Al" Yankovic ( YANG-kə-vik; born October 23, 1959) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, satirist, actor, voice actor, music video director, comedian, and author. He is known for his humorous songs that make light of popular culture and often parody specific songs by contemporary musical acts; original songs that are style pastiches of the work of other acts; and polka medleys of several popular songs, featuring his favored instrument, the accordion. Since his first-aired comedy song in 1976, he has sold more than 12 million albums (as of 2007), recorded more than 150 parody and original songs, and performed more than 1,000 live shows. His works have... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Downey, California, USA
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin / Getty ImagesJohn Frank Tesh (born July 9, 1952) is an American pianist and composer of pop music, as well as a radio host and television presenter. His Intelligence for Your Life radio show airs on nearly 300 stations, and is syndicated by Teshmedia in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. In addition, since 2014, he has hosted Intelligence for Your Life TV with his wife Connie Sellecca. The syndicated TV program airs on 174 stations that cover 93% of the potential U.S. television audience.Tesh has won six Emmys, has four gold albums, two Grammy nominations, and an Associated Press award for investigative journalism. Tesh has sold over eight million records. His live concerts have raised more than $20 million... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: USA, New York, Garden City
- Photo: Fredrick Brown / Getty ImagesArmando Anthony "Chick" Corea (born June 12, 1941) is an American jazz pianist/electric keyboardist and composer. His compositions "Spain", "500 Miles High", "La Fiesta" and "Windows", are considered jazz standards. As a member of Miles Davis's band in the late 1960s, he participated in the birth of jazz fusion. In the 1970s he formed the fusion band Return to Forever. With Herbie Hancock, McCoy Tyner and Keith Jarrett, he has been described as one of the major jazz piano voices to emerge in the post-John Coltrane era.Corea continued to pursue other collaborations and to explore musical styles throughout the 1980s and 1990s. He is also known for promoting and fundraising for a number of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Chelsea, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Thomas Morgan Robertson (born 14 October 1958), known by the stage name Thomas Dolby, is an English musician, producer, entrepreneur and teacher. He came to prominence in the 1980s, releasing hit singles including "She Blinded Me with Science" (1982) and "Hyperactive!" (1984). He has also worked in production and as a session musician. In the 1990s he founded a Silicon Valley sound technology company, Beatnik, whose technology was used to create the Nokia tune. He was also the Music Director for the TED Conference. Currently on faculty at the Peabody Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Dolby leads Peabody’s Music for New Media program, which enrolled its first students in the fall of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: England, London