List of famous male mafiosos, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male mafiosos list contains the most prominent and top males known for being mafiosos. There are thousand of males working as mafiosos in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic mafiosos have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a mafioso then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people, like Joseph DeFede and Dino Cellini, in it.While this isn't a list of all male mafiosos, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male mafiosos?" and "Who are the best male mafiosos?"
- Photo: Chicago Bureau (Federal Bureau of Investigation) - Wide World Photos / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainAlphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone (, Italian: [kaˈpoːne]; born January 17, 1899 – January 25, 1947), sometimes known by the nickname "Scarface", was an American gangster and businessman who attained notoriety during the Prohibition era as the co-founder and boss of the Chicago Outfit. His seven-year reign as crime boss ended when he went to prison at age 33. Capone was born in New York City in 1899 to Italian immigrant parents. He joined the Five Points Gang as a teenager, and became a bouncer in organized crime premises such as brothels. In his early twenties, he moved to Chicago and became a bodyguard and trusted factotum for Johnny Torrio, head of a criminal syndicate that illegally supplied... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 48 (1899-1947)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
Henry HillHenry Hill Jr. (June 11, 1943 – June 12, 2012) was an American criminal. Between 1955 and 1980, Hill was associated with the Lucchese crime family. In 1980, Hill became an FBI informant, and his testimony helped secure 50 convictions, including those of mob capo (captain) Paul Vario and James Burke on multiple charges. Hill's life story was documented in the true crime book Wiseguy: Life in a Mafia Family by Nicholas Pileggi. Wiseguy was subsequently adapted by Martin Scorsese into the critically acclaimed film Goodfellas, in which Hill was portrayed by Ray Liotta.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 69 (1943-2012)
- Birthplace: Brownsville, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Age: Dec. at 62 (1940-2002)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Charles Luciano ( LOO-chee-AH-noh, Italian: [luˈtʃaːno]; born Salvatore Lucania [salvaˈtoːre lukaˈniːa]; November 24, 1897 – January 26, 1962), known as "Lucky Luciano", was an influential Italian-born mobster, criminal mastermind, and crime boss who operated mainly in the United States. Luciano is considered the father of modern organized crime in the United States for the establishment of the first Commission. He was also the first official boss of the modern Genovese crime family. Along with his associates, he was instrumental in the development of the National Crime Syndicate. Luciano was tried and successfully convicted for compulsory prostitution and running a prostitution racket in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 65 (1897-1962)
- Birthplace: Lercara Friddi, Italy