List of famous male makeup artists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male makeup artists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being makeup artists. There are thousand of males working as makeup artists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic makeup artists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a makeup artist then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of different people like Jay Manuel and E. Thomas Case.While this isn't a list of all male makeup artists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male makeup artists?" and "Who are the best male makeup artists?"
- Jeffree Star (born Jeffrey Lynn Steininger Jr.; November 15, 1985) is an American Internet celebrity, beauty YouTuber, makeup artist, model, entrepreneur, and singer-songwriter. The founder and owner of Jeffree Star Cosmetics. By 2006, Star had become the most followed person on MySpace. He frequently used the platform to promote his music career. In 2009, Star released his first and only studio album, Beauty Killer, which included songs such as "Lollipop Luxury" featuring Nicki Minaj. He embarked on several world tours to promote his music. In 2010, he signed to Konvict Muzik—whose founder Akon described Star as "the next Lady Gaga"—with plans to release a second album titled Concealer. ...more
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Jay Manuel (born August 14, 1972) is an American-born Canadian TV host, Creative Director and Make-up Artist. He is most recognizable as the former Creative Director on the popular reality television show America's Next Top Model. Manuel also was featured as the host of Canada's Next Top Model.Manuel is the Founder and CEO of the beauty line, Jay Manuel Beauty. In 2017, the brand opened its first retail location at Roosevelt Field Mall, a partnership with Simon. Later that year, he was one of the judges for Miss Universe 2017.
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Kevyn James Aucoin (February 14, 1962 – May 7, 2002) was an American make-up artist, photographer and author.
- Age: Dec. at 40 (1962-2002)
- Birthplace: USA, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useStanley "Stan" Winston (April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008) was an American television and film special make-up effects creator. He was best known for his work in the Terminator series, the first three Jurassic Park films, Aliens, the first two Predator films, Inspector Gadget, Iron Man and Edward Scissorhands. He won four Academy Awards for his work. Winston, a frequent collaborator with director James Cameron, owned several effects studios, including Stan Winston Digital. The established areas of expertise for Winston were in makeup, puppets and practical effects, but he had recently expanded his studio to encompass digital effects as well.
- Age: Dec. at 62 (1946-2008)
- Birthplace: USA, Virginia, Richmond