List of famous male makeup artists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male makeup artists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being makeup artists. There are thousand of males working as makeup artists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic makeup artists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a makeup artist then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of different people like Jay Manuel and E. Thomas Case.While this isn't a list of all male makeup artists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male makeup artists?" and "Who are the best male makeup artists?"
- Photo: user uploaded image
- Age: 39
- Gregory Nicotero (born March 15, 1963) is an American special make-up effects creator, television producer, and director. His first major job in special effects makeup was on the George A. Romero film Day of the Dead (1985), under the tutelage of Romero and make-up effects veteran Tom Savini. In 1988, along with Robert Kurtzman and Howard Berger, he formed KNB EFX Group, a special make-up effects studio which has gone on to work on over 400 film and television projects. KNB has won numerous awards, including an Emmy Award in 2001 for their work on the 2000 Sci Fi Channel miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune and an Academy Award in 2006 for achievement in makeup for The Chronicles of Narnia: The... more
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Pittsburgh, USA, Pennsylvania
- Photo: user uploaded image7Sutan Amrull (; born June 14, 1974), also known as Raja and Raja Gemini, is an American drag performer and make-up artist. He is best known as the winner of Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race, and also for his work on the reality television show America's Next Top Model, serving as the show's make-up artist for nine cycles (fourth through twelve). Amrull's clients include Tyra Banks, Dita von Teese, Pamela Anderson, Paulina Porizkova, Iman, Iggy Azalea, RuPaul, and Twiggy. Since 2009, Amrull has been make-up artist to singer Adam Lambert for print media, live U.S. appearances, and Lambert's international 2010 Glam Nation Tour.... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Baldwin Park, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use8
Jack PierceJack Pierce (born Janus Piccoula; May 5, 1889 – July 19, 1968) was a Hollywood make-up artist best remembered for creating the iconic makeup worn by Boris Karloff in Frankenstein (1931), along with various other classic monster make-ups for Universal Studios.... more
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1889-1968)
- Birthplace: Greece