List of famous male news presenters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male news presenters list contains the most prominent and top males known for being news presenters. There are thousand of males working as news presenters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic news presenters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a news presenter then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list is made up of many different people, including John Merrow and Chris Hayes. Featuring male news presenters who went on to become anchors, newscasters, and correspondents, this list has it all.While this isn't a list of all male news presenters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male news presenters?" and "Who are the best male news presenters?"
- Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson (born May 16, 1969) is an American conservative political commentator who has hosted the nightly political talk show Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox News since 2016. Carlson became a print journalist in the 1990s, writing for the magazine The Weekly Standard, among others. He was a commentator on CNN, from 2000 to 2005, and co-host of Crossfire. Carlson then hosted the nightly program Tucker on MSNBC, from 2005 to 2008. He has been a political analyst for Fox News since 2009. In 2010, Carlson co-founded and served as the initial editor-in-chief of the conservative news and opinion website The Daily Caller. Early in his career, Carlson was regarded as a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Brian Douglas Williams (born May 5, 1959) is an American journalist at NBC News, currently serving as the chief anchor for the network's cable news channel MSNBC and as host of the network's nightly wrap-up program, The 11th Hour with Brian Williams.Williams is known for his ten years as anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, the evening news program of the NBC television network. After Williams joined the program in December 2004, NBC News was awarded the Peabody Award for its coverage of Hurricane Katrina, and Williams accepted the award on behalf of the organization. In February 2015, Williams was suspended for six months from his position as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States of America
- Dan Irvin Rather Jr. (; born October 31, 1931) is an American journalist. Rather began his career in Texas and was on the scene of the Kennedy assassination in Dallas in 1963. His reporting elevated his position in CBS News, where he was White House correspondent beginning in 1964. He served as foreign correspondent in London and Vietnam over the next two years before returning to the White House correspondent position, covering the presidency of Richard Nixon, including his trip to China, Watergate scandal and resignation. When Walter Cronkite retired in 1981, Rather was promoted to news anchor for the CBS Evening News, a role he occupied for 24 years. Along with Peter Jennings at ABC News... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 88
- Birthplace: Wharton, Texas, United States of America
- George Robert Stephanopoulos (; born February 10, 1961) is an American television host, political commentator, and former Democratic adviser. Stephanopoulos currently is chief anchor and political correspondent on ABC News, coanchor with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America, and host of This Week, ABC's Sunday morning current events news program. Stephanopoulos also serves as a regular substitute anchor on ABC World News Tonight. Before his career as a journalist, Stephanopoulos was an adviser to the Democratic Party. He rose to early prominence as a communications director for the 1992 presidential campaign of Bill Clinton and subsequently became White House communications director. He... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Bristol County, Fall River, North America, United States of America, United States