List of famous male nurses, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male nurses list contains the most prominent and top males known for being nurses. There are thousand of males working as nurses in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic nurses have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a nurse then the people below should give you inspiration.
List features Robert Tiffany, Jim Devine and more.While this isn't a list of all male nurses, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male nurses?" and "Who are the best male nurses?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useCharles Edmund Cullen (born February 22, 1960) is an American serial killer. Cullen confessed to authorities that he killed up to forty patients during the course of his sixteen-year career as a nurse in New Jersey. However, in subsequent interviews with police, psychiatrists, and journalists, it became apparent that he had killed many more, whom he could not specifically remember by name, though he could often remember details of their murders. Experts have estimated that Cullen may ultimately be responsible for 400 deaths, which would make him the most prolific serial killer in recorded history.... more
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: West Orange, New Jersey
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainWalt Whitman (; May 31, 1819 – March 26, 1892) was an American poet, essayist, and journalist. A humanist, he was a part of the transition between transcendentalism and realism, incorporating both views in his works. Whitman is among the most influential poets in the American canon, often called the father of free verse. His work was controversial in its time, particularly his poetry collection Leaves of Grass, which was described as obscene for its overt sensuality. Whitman's own life came under scrutiny for his presumed homosexuality. Born in Huntington on Long Island, Whitman worked as a journalist, a teacher, and a government clerk. At age 11, he left formal schooling to go to work. As... more
- Age: Dec. at 72 (1819-1892)
- Birthplace: West Hills, New York
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesColin Norris (12 February 1976) is a former nurse and serial killer from the Milton area of Glasgow, Scotland who was convicted of murdering four elderly patients in a hospital in Leeds, England in 2002. He was sentenced in 2008 to serve a minimum of 30 years in prison. Doubts have since been raised about his conviction by, among others, retired Professor Vincent Marks, an expert on insulin poisoning.... more
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesRaymond Martinez Fernandez (December 17, 1914 – March 8, 1951) and Martha Jule Beck (May 6, 1920 – March 8, 1951) were an American serial killer couple. They were convicted of one murder, are known to have committed two more, and were suspected of having up to 20 victims during a murderous spree between 1947 and 1949. After their arrest and trial for serial murder in 1949, they became known as "The Lonely Hearts Killers" for meeting their unsuspecting victims through lonely hearts ads. A number of films and television shows are based on this case. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1914-1951)
- Birthplace: Hawaii