List of famous male painters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male painters list contains the most prominent and top males known for being painters. There are thousand of males working as painters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic painters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a painter then the people below should give you inspiration.
Everything from Vincent van Gogh to Philippe Berry is included on this list. Featuring the most popular artists, this list has it all.While this isn't a list of all male painters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male painters?" and "Who are the best male painters?"
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British politician, army officer, and writer. He was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, when he led Britain to victory in the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. Churchill represented five constituencies during his career as a Member of Parliament (MP). Ideologically an economic liberal and imperialist, for most of his career he was a member of the Conservative Party, which he led from 1940 to 1955, but from 1904 to 1924 was a member of the Liberal Party. Of mixed English and American parentage, Churchill was born in Oxfordshire to a wealthy, aristocratic family. Joining the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 91 (1874-1965)
- Birthplace: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, United Kingdom
- Viggo Peter Mortensen Jr. (; Danish: [viːko ˈmɒːtn̩sn̩]; born October 20, 1958) is a Danish-American actor, author, musician, photographer, poet, and painter. Born in New York to a Danish father and American mother, he was a resident of Venezuela and Argentina during his childhood. He is the recipient of various accolades including a Screen Actors Guild Award and has been nominated for three Academy Awards, three BAFTA Awards, and four Golden Globe Awards. Mortensen made his film debut in a small role in Peter Weir's 1985 thriller Witness starring Harrison Ford and has appeared in several notable films since, including The Indian Runner (1991), Carlito's Way (1993), Crimson Tide (1995),... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: uploaded by Q047Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and depth of his interests were without precedent and "his mind and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1452-1519)
- Birthplace: Vinci, Italy
- Vincent Willem van Gogh (Dutch: [ˈvɪnsɛnt ˈʋɪləm vɑŋ ˈɣɔx] (listen); 30 March 1853 – 29 July 1890) was a Dutch post-impressionist painter who is among the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. In just over a decade he created about 2,100 artworks, including around 860 oil paintings, most of which date from the last two years of his life. They include landscapes, still lifes, portraits and self-portraits, and are characterised by bold colours and dramatic, impulsive and expressive brushwork that contributed to the foundations of modern art. He was not commercially successful, and his suicide at 37 came after years of mental illness and poverty. Born into an... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 37 (1853-1890)
- Birthplace: Zundert, Netherlands