List of famous male philanthropists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male philanthropists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being philanthropists. There are thousand of males working as philanthropists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic philanthropists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a philanthropist then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people, like Lee Iacocca and Julius Rosenwald, in it.While this isn't a list of all male philanthropists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male philanthropists?" and "Who are the best male philanthropists?"
- Photo: JD Lasica / FlickrMark Elliot Zuckerberg (; born May 14, 1984) is an American technology entrepreneur and philanthropist. Zuckerberg is known for co-founding and leading Facebook as its chairman and chief executive officer. He also co-founded and is a board member of the solar sail spacecraft development project Breakthrough Starshot.Born in White Plains, New York, Zuckerberg attended Harvard University, where he launched Facebook from his dormitory room on February 4, 2004, with college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. Originally launched to select college campuses, the site expanded rapidly and eventually beyond colleges, reaching one billion users by 2012.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 36
- Birthplace: White Plains, New York
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/Stringer / Getty Images EntertainmentKanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and fashion designer. His musical career has been marked by dramatic changes in styles, incorporating an eclectic range of influences including soul, baroque pop, electro, indie rock, synth-pop, industrial, and gospel. Over the course of his career, West has been responsible for cultural movements and progressions within mainstream hip hop and popular music at large. Born in Atlanta and raised in Chicago, West first became known as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, producing singles for recording artists such as Jay-Z, Ludacris and Alicia Keys. Intent on... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
- Photo: Paolo Bona / ShutterstockWilliam Henry Gates III (born October 28, 1955) is an American business magnate, investor, author, philanthropist, and humanitarian. He is best known as the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of chairman, CEO and chief software architect, while also being the largest individual shareholder until May 2014. Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, Gates launched Microsoft with Paul Allen in 1975; it went on to become the world's largest personal computer software company. Gates led the company as chairman and CEO until stepping down as CEO in January 2000, but he remained chairman and became chief software architect. In June... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Photo: Gustavo Miguel Fernandes / ShutterstockJohn Clayton Mayer (; born October 16, 1977) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Mayer attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, but disenrolled and moved to Atlanta in 1997 with Clay Cook. Together, they formed a short-lived two-man band called Lo-Fi Masters. After their split, Mayer continued to play local clubs, refining his skills and gaining a following. After his appearance at the 2001 South by Southwest Festival, he was signed to Aware Records, and then Columbia Records, which released his first EP, Inside Wants Out. His following two full-length albums—Room for Squares (2001) and Heavier Things (2003)—did well... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA